Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Welcome guys. :) I decided to write a little walk through, from the view of an admin, on how to obtain certain SZ achievements. I'm writing this pack by pack and will continue to do so as we release additional achievement packs for the Studio. The only exception are hidden achievements. I unfortunately will not be doing those since I have inside information. Anyways, let's get started....

Achievement Pack 1: The Basics
(5 points per item; 10 for completion)

1. [Yo, I'm new!] — Make an introduction thread in the Intro! board
2. [0.1 k] — Achieve a post count of 100 or higher
3. [Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5] — Create a thread that reaches five pages
4. [Idea Man] — Create a topic in the Feedback and Suggestions board
5. [Cha-Ching] — Spend some of your hard-earned points at the shop

This pack is called "The Basics" for a reason. Most of them are ridiculously easy to obtain. You can get three of them without trying and the fourth after a little while. There is only one tricky one.

1.1) Yo, I'm new!
This is by far the simplest of the achievements to get. Just go to the Intro board and create a new thread. Let the community know that you're joining us and maybe a little something about yourself. And ta-da, you've got your achievement!

1.2) 0.1 k
This one is not really difficult, but it might take a little while to get. Just keep posting at the Studio daily and you'll eventually get it. If you post 5 times a day, it'll take you just under three weeks (twenty days). If you post ten times a day, it takes just ten days. It is possible to post even more than that if you try. Meaning, you can easily earn this achievement in four or five days if you try hard.

1.3) Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
This is by far the most difficult achievement to obtain. It requires dedication to your thread, planning, and determination. The first step is deciding which path you wish to pursue. There are four easy ways to get this achievement:
- Popular discussion thread in the Convention Center
- Popular "posting" thread in the Convention Center
- Create a contest that takes a little while to finish
- Create a forum game that is easy to participate in

I'll discuss briefly what I mean for each one.

A popular discussion thread in the CC is a thread in which people are passionate about discussing the topic. A few of the better examples include these threads: (DO NOT BUMP THESE EVER)
- Zanmato Campaign
- What would you do for money?
- Paper cuts!

A popular "posting" thread is a thread that requires a simple reply, but yet is not spam nor a forum game. Some of these include the old "Now Playing" thread for what you're listening to, the "Funny Convos" thread for funny MSN/AIM/YIM conversations, and the "Post Your Pic" threads.

SZ allows members to run contests (with staff approval). These contests are typically popular because members can win points or achievements, thus they participate quite often. Participation means easy replies. Easy replies means a possible five pages. Some examples of user run contests are Guess the Image and Guess that Font.

The last is a popular forum game. SZ does have a forum games board that you can create a game in. If you create a simple, mindless game for users to participate in, you might be able to easily rack up five pages.

Anyways, now that we've got the "planning" out of the way, we need to look at "dedication to your thread" and "determination." What I mean by this, is that you need to be constantly replying to your thread, contributing something. Even if the entire thread is you and another member bantering back and forth, that gets the job done. Every reply you make is 1/15 closer to another page and 1/75 towards your goal.

By determination, I mean not letting the thread die out. Sometimes threads can quickly (as in, in a day's time), disappear from the first page onto the second. Threads get very little attention on the second page unfortunately. Because of this, you'll need to make a valued and legitimate reply to bump it back to the first. Doing this will keep it alive for just a bit longer and will aid you in your goal of obtaining this achievement. It might even be worth recruiting a friend to help you. Do an old "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" method. If they help you get five pages, you'll help them get five in one of theirs.

1.4) Idea Man
This, like "Yo, I'm new!" is an easy one to get. All you need to do is find something on the Studio that you think needs to be changed. Find that, and post it. This could be some bug that needs fixing, some smiley that's animation doesn't look right, or just some new feature. Any of these work. If you create the thread, the achievement is pretty much yours.

1.5) Cha-Ching
Like the previous few, this is a fairly easy achievement to get. The only requirement is the points. Once you obtain the necessary points (10 if you want karma), then just go ahead and buy something from the shop. Simple.

Hopefully this guide is helpful to some of you. :P The first pack is not the most difficult, but I can see the future guides being of more use. For example, strategies on rickrolling Scorpian, myself, or Fredy

Last Edit: Jul 12, 2009 16:43:28 GMT by Chris

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Kind of an obvious thing, but hey, hope you had fun writing that. :P

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Very good - onto #2 please! ;D

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Michael Avatar

Fuck #2. Onto the hidden achievements, please! ;D

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Josh Avatar
Michael Avatar

8-)

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I love the fact that this has been made. I suggest we skip the next six and go onto the hidden achievements :P

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
You all didn't read. He said he wouldn't do hidden achievements! :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Michael Avatar

I still want him to do them. :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Michael Avatar

I already wrote one and posted it.

You just have to find it

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Michael Avatar
Haha, who reads?

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The hidden achievements guide, by popular demand, is now posted. It's right next to SO's achievements guide post. :)

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Chris Avatar
The hidden achievements guide, by popular demand, is now posted. It's right next to SO's achievements guide post. :)

which is in a fuckin hidden board, right? >:(

Save some time and PM me or post link to thread. Or give a hint. :P

richardgary1223
#1 = all unlocked for me... ;)

Can you go to #2 nao, please? :P

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006

:o
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
Oh yea, 'cause we can access that! :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling