Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

newfieldgrafix
OK everybody would like to know, but nobodies' talkin'

How about an option to "buy description" for say a really high point count of maybe 750 points per description?

Last Edit: Feb 10, 2010 22:16:26 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
5k. :P That fair enough?

Nitro

Nitro Avatar
If they pick you out, you're on your way to a once upon a time that never ends.

Official Member

Female

January 2010
Chris Avatar
5k. :P That fair enough?

Does ANYONE here have 5000 points? YOU don't even have 5k. XD Earning 5000 points would take many, many years, and to spend it...to see a hidden achievement and thus defeat the purpose? XD

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I dunno, I never gave myself points for filling requests/submitting codes... I'm sure you could easily earn that many in a month if you -really- tried and submitted lots of resources. :P

Nitro

Nitro Avatar
If they pick you out, you're on your way to a once upon a time that never ends.

Official Member

Female

January 2010
...Seriously? O.O And you maintain the most (I think?) points out of the entire site.

ANYHOW. I see what you mean. :P I still can't see myself spending 5000 anythings to see a hidden achievement description, but that might just be me, as I'm a bit of a penny-pincher...point-pincher, whatever. :P Yay alliteration!

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
:P Exactly. I keep telling you guys this... they're -hidden- for a reason. Only the following people know their definitions for sure:
- Scorp
- Me
- ShadowyOne/SO

That's it. :P

newfieldgrafix
But still, I wanna know some of 'em.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Feb 11, 2010 0:30:42 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
But still, I wanna know some of 'em.

Get 5k points. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
You can't give it out. The second it is given out, that achievement can no longer be considered hidden as it is bound to be shared.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Josh Avatar
You can't give it out. The second it is given out, that achievement can no longer be considered hidden as it is bound to be shared.

Exactly. I don't give my consent for this.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Benjamin Avatar
Josh Avatar

Exactly. I don't give my consent for this.

Agreed 100%. It defeats the purpose

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
What about adding hints instead of descriptions for the hidden achievements?

Like, if there was an achievement for a code request called Bumblebug (or whatever), you could put the description as something like, "Your Javascript skills finally paid off." That could mean a few things, but still hints in the direction of what got you the achievement. Just so it's not entirely mysterious, because I've honestly stopped caring about hidden achievements because I don't have a single clue how I got them and I never will. So why should I care about having them? Having SOME insight into how to get them makes them more desired I think, and people still won't know exactly how they got them.

Just my 2 cents.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Are members allowed to discuss what they think they've figured out? After all, we were never told.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
@luci - The point of hidden achievements is to get them without knowing how, therefore on "accident."

- You can discuss whatever you want. But don't expect the staff to confirm or deny any theories :P
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newfieldgrafix
I have 4, that I don't know what they're for. The others are kinda' obvious.

newBookmarkLockedFalling