Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Apr 9, 2010 15:42:52 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I know, but what I mean is what about in the future, when you start walking past a Starbucks, and suddenly your phone starts messing about telling you to go inside.

Ad culture needs to be stopped.

You see, I love smart ads. Ads that tailor to your needs are great, that's why Google's AdSense has been so successful. I doubt they would ever force ads upon you like that. People would not go along with ads being built into an OS by default unless the OS was 100% free, and even then it is unlikely.

But screens in malls that have cameras built in that identify any bags you are carrying and any logos on your clothes to try and make the ads suit your style, tastes, etc.? I think that's brilliant. Advertising is going no where, it's a money maker for both the ones selling the ads and the people buying them. May as well be custom made to fit you personally, right?

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I love the UI of the iPhone, everything is so well thought out. I had a play on my brothers win mobile 6 phone, the UI was absolute rubbish. I haven't looked much at Win Mob 7, but from what I saw I didn't like the UI much. I'm witholding judgement till I see one myself though.

newBookmarkLockedFalling