Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Yeahh... totally sucks. Everything has gone for this month :(

Plus, i'm the only one online in 24 hours :'(

More Info

Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 12:28:30 GMT by JD

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
I'm here! ;D

Sucks balls though! :(

cvekiboy

cvekiboy Avatar

Official Member

December 2009
... no comment :-X

Login out...

END

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Oooohhh....the Resources/Requests boards are gonna bring me to tears...

Michael

Michael Avatar
*Has a custom title*

October 2007
:(
My rant(s) have vanished now!

It feels weird! :/

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
The Code Database is literally behind by one page in resources--discounting whatever was in Submissions at the time. There were only a couple recent requests, though, so that's fortunate. Still a shame to lose all the discussion/contest threads. Really puts everything back.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Well that sucks. Have they never heard of RAID1?

Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 13:18:49 GMT by Simie

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Redundant Array of Independent Disks?

Just finished studying that xD

Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 13:28:30 GMT by JD

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Damn. The same day I decided to start posting here again. There goes all of my five posts :P I must have pissed off Patrick Clinger in a past life.. Sorry guys.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Unfortunately, things like this do happen. Yes, this is a downside to using a remote host, but whatever. :P We've made it through worse (i.e. me closing the forum.)

I recently, as in two days ago, made a backup of all of the headers/footers coding. Good thing too, huh? I'm restoring that coding now and repromoting Aaron. I can't do anything else until I am home tonight after work and basketball. In the mean time, when you encounter a broken link from the coding update, post it here or in the bugs thread.

Just keep working to make SZ active again and this can be easily forgotten, as much of a shame as it is. :)

Edit: For those curious, we've lost approximately 1,250 posts, 120 threads, and 26 members.

Edit 2: Running out of time. I'm sorry Aaron, but you'll have to wait til tonight to get promoted again. I also won't be restoring the code databases/template databases until I can assess what codes are missing, contact the creators and try to get that fixed. In the mean time, if you notice something you submitted was lost, please post it again. :) It's the first path to recovery.

Last Edit: Jul 27, 2010 13:51:15 GMT by Chris

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
...ironic that this happens just days after my rant to Chris about remote hosting.

Man, this sucks. I made 10 threads yesterday. :( And I'm no longer Batman. Shit.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
... wow. wtf proboards. Way to suck. O_o
k

Toshiru

Toshiru Avatar

Dedicated Member

June 2010
Ouch, Proboards having a lot of problems lately. :|
I'll be sure to repost all of my resources. ^_^
Send me a message and we can talk about design forums.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Josh Avatar
...ironic that this happens just days after my rant to Chris about remote hosting.

Is this by any chance related to my rant to you about remote hosting? :P

This is unfortunate, but like people have said.. it happens. Luckily, we only lost a small percentage of our total posts. If PB had no backups whatsoever, it's likely the whole forum would be gone.

Hopefully PB can create some sort of updated backup tool which will keep this from happening in the future.

It's kind of funny though... Hyperboards used to be hosted on PB servers (not sure if it still is, though). They suffered a massive hard drive failure, resulting in a loss of about 40% of the forums. You'd think that changes would be made after something like that happens, even if it was a competing service..
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Toshiru: thanks. :) I was going to pm you since I thought you were the only recent submissions actually. Yours were the smiley tut, and then folder, menu, smiley blank PSDs.

Ben: its funny, I was thinking that too. I also love that in both cases they both said "right before the new system deployed"

newBookmarkLockedFalling