Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Joe Kerr Avatar
Michael i would suggest you at least name a starting price....

the reason is if i might think about buying it but i really don't have much cash and i really don't know what you want i just might not offer...

Unless you secretly have a huge savings account, keep dreaming about buying it.
While you may say that, it would hardly be realistic for Wrighty to expect that. While the coding does have value, it's value is only applicable to a programmer. The website is currently operating at a loss, and to make it turn a profit would require resources of either time (for a programmer) or money (to hire a programmer). Even then it's only anticipated that it may make a profit, and is not guaranteed.

So from a pure business perspective, the website has a negative value.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
An object is only as valuable as what someone is willing to pay for it...

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Eric Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

Unless you secretly have a huge savings account, keep dreaming about buying it.
While you may say that, it would hardly be realistic for Wrighty to expect that. While the coding does have value, it's value is only applicable to a programmer. The website is currently operating at a loss, and to make it turn a profit would require resources of either time (for a programmer) or money (to hire a programmer). Even then it's only anticipated that it may make a profit, and is not guaranteed.

So from a pure business perspective, the website has a negative value.

Yea that is what i was thinking...

But does wrighty think that?
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
On a strict financial side of things, yes it is worth nothing.

But if you look at the potential when it comes to userbase and page hits, it is worth a lot.

Technically, facebook was worth nothing before they made it a business. It wasnèt making any money, but it had a large userbase. All it took was one large investment and some time and effort.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar

But if you look at the potential when it comes to userbase and page hits, it is worth a lot.

Technically, facebook was worth nothing before they made it a business. It wasnèt making any money, but it had a large userbase. All it took was one large investment and some time and effort.

It wasn't worth anything when they thought a million dollars was cool, at least. But when they began thinking a billion dollars was cool, Facebook was highly valuable.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar

Yes, but the fundamental idea of facebook is a different one. The point of facebook is to use the site. The point of wimg is to provide a service for other sites. The content hosted there is viewed on other sites far more than on wimg, meaning that the ad revenue potential is fractional, which is why this problem exists in the first place.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Eric Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

Yes, but the fundamental idea of facebook is a different one. The point of facebook is to use the site. The point of wimg is to provide a service for other sites. The content hosted there is viewed on other sites far more than on wimg, meaning that the ad revenue potential is fractional, which is why this problem exists in the first place.

Photobucket got bought for big money by Myspace. Maybe Wrighty should send a message to the guys at Proboards. lol

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
someone please buy it....

this is a pain in the ass trying to find all the images i am about to lose....
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

newBookmarkLockedFalling