Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Lucifer Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

lmao. Worst soccer mom van ever.

The girls are gonna be all over him for that.

Sure, they'll be 12 years old and trying to get to practice, but still!

I seriously laughed so hard.
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
It's funny because no matter what I have, you guys find a way to make it seem like it's for losers, or it's terrible in every way, its ugly, etc etc.

You're right. It could be ALL OF US who are wrong.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005

k

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
7, Actually. In the past 1 1/2 years. Why? Well, 3 of them were POS, and I didn't get 1 of them by choice. The rest I got rid of because I didn't want anymore. I got rid of my 97 s10 today because of the gas mileage.

Ok. So, essentially, you're calling me out for buying POS cars that last, on average (that I didn't buy anyway), 3 years each, when you have gone through 7 cars in the past 18 months. 4 of them you have purchased. Even if you hadn't had the first three, the four you have bought have lasted a grand total of 6 months each (I'm not including the one your purchased last week).

6 months. Or 3 years. I take back what I said in my previous rant: the hypocrisy is hilarious.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Uhm...? So basically you guys don't like any car?

"I bought a BMW!" - Me
"HAHA IDIOT" - You

"I bought a Rolls Royce" - Me
"What a faggot car" - You

"I bought a Chevy, Jeep, Dodge, Ford, Mitsubishi, Honda, Toyota, Lamborghini, MG, Isuzu" - Me
"Wow you buy crappy cars" - You

Really? Do you guys REALLY think that, or is it because it's ME driving one? If you guys really thought my 97 S10 was a POS, you guys really havent driven many cars.

HAHA IDIOT
k

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

"I bought a BMW!" - Me
"HAHA IDIOT" - You

"I bought a Chevy, Jeep, Dodge, Ford, Mitsubishi, Honda, Toyota, Lamborghini, MG, Isuzu" - Me

Really? Do you guys REALLY think that, or is it because it's ME driving one? If you guys really thought my 97 S10 was a POS, you guys really havent driven many cars.

You didn't buy any of those nice cars. That's the point. You're acting like we hate on everything you do just because it's you, which is the exact opposite of what I was implying. I was saying that MAYBE, just MAYBE, you actually do just buy shit and that's why everyone hates it. We make fun because your choice in vehicles is shitty, not because we just wanna make fun of you. Obviously we wouldn't laugh if you bought a Rolls Royce. But you didn't. You bought a fucking minivan (and an especially ugly one at that). You can't defend that choice with absurd hypotheticals. We make fun of your choices because they're always stupid, not because we're just unwilling to give you a chance. You can't do shit wrong all the time and expect people to treat you like you do right for no reason. It's nothing personal. You just have shitty taste and you're terrible at arguing your points.

Andrew McGivery Avatar
xmsteel Avatar

"I bought a BMW!" - Me
"HAHA IDIOT" - You

HAHA IDIOT

I lol'd irl.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
@luci: Err? You REALLY think an s10 isn't a nice vehicle? I mean, REALLY?

I've owned a Jeep, Chrysler, Chevy, Ford, Etc. So yeah. I have owned "Those nice cars".

You've owned car companies?

Impressive.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
@luci: Err? You REALLY think an s10 isn't a nice vehicle? I mean, REALLY?

I've owned a Jeep, Chrysler, Chevy, Ford, Etc. So yeah. I have owned "Those nice cars".

You've owned car companies?

Impressive.

Fredy, you're an idiot.

xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

Ok. So, essentially, you're calling me out for buying POS cars that last, on average (that I didn't buy anyway), 3 years each, when you have gone through 7 cars in the past 18 months. 4 of them you have purchased. Even if you hadn't had the first three, the four you have bought have lasted a grand total of 6 months each (I'm not including the one your purchased last week).

6 months. Or 3 years. I take back what I said in my previous rant: the hypocrisy is hilarious.

Only one didn't last, that was the festiva. I bought it for $150, I didn't expect it to. And it had 240k instead of 140k.

What I'm getting at is, why do you like a car that obviously doesnt like you.

Dude. Listen to yourself. The two cars I've owned have lasted 6 years total. They should have lasted longer, sure, but as I said, I didn't maintain them the way I should have. Buying a car at 130k and having it last 3 years and 10k is better than buying a car at 240k and having it last 6 weeks and 1k. I do not even understand how you can justify your argument here.

xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

"I bought a BMW!" - Me
"HAHA IDIOT" - You

You aren't buying nice cars, though. You are buying shit. You are buying shit that lasts 2-3 months. You buy a car simply because it runs. I'm going to buy a car because it runs well and does more than just get from point A to point B.

Either way, just because you buy a Ferrari or Lambo doesn't mean it's a good car. Even you could not call this piece of shit a nice car.

(found that by Googling "ferrari junkyard")

You may think that buy a $250 car that lasts a month is a good deal, but I think I proved in another thread a few months ago that it really isn't and that it is actually a waste of money for you.

I'll put this as bluntly as possible for you: we are not calling you out here because it is you; we are calling you out here because you're trying to give advice on buying cars when you've gone through 6 cars in 18 months. We're calling you out because you are calling us (or, rather, me) out for caring more about how a car looks than how it runs.

I had the perfect car already. A 2009 Ford Focus SEL (with SYNC, touchscreen nav/radio, leather interior, moonroof, heated seats, red, and even had an aftermarket rear camera installed) that I test drove two weeks ago. It was $11,995 and my dad figured I could get it for $10,500 no problem. Well within my price range and with only 22k miles to it's name. After driving it, though, it was obvious the car wasn't worth half of what they were asking.

So no, I don't buy cars that look good instead of cars that run well. I want both and I will shop until I have both. You, on the other hand, buy cars that you think run well and end up lasting a grand total of 3 months. If a car only lasts you three months, you're doing something wrong.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
[...] it was 2WD and winter was coming.

Sounds like you planned that one well. This goes right back to what Josh said about properly researching a car instead of throwing money down the drain at every opportunity for a new set of wheels.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Sounds like you planned that one well. This goes right back to what Josh said about properly researching a car instead of throwing money down the drain at every opportunity for a new set of wheels.

I bought it long before winter. That would be saying anyone with a 2WD has bad planning.

Not if they live somewhere where winters don't suck like they do in the north. Or, in my case (and most others), they expect bad winters and just learn not to be a shitty driver. If you're not confident in your ability to drive on bad roads with 2WD, then don't buy a 2WD vehicle somewhere where the roads get bad. It's common sense.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
trucks are gay
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Not if they live somewhere where winters don't suck like they do in the north. Or, in my case (and most others), they expect bad winters and just learn not to be a shitty driver. If you're not confident in your ability to drive on bad roads with 2WD, then don't buy a 2WD vehicle somewhere where the roads get bad. It's common sense.

FWD is fine. RWD is a little tricky, especially in a truck with no weight in the back.

Did you hear that? That was the sound of Luci's post going right over your head.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

Did you hear that? That was the sound of Luci's post going right over your head.

It doesn't matter how experienced you are, if the conditions are bad enough, no matter what your vehicle or what your experience is, you can slip.

Hey! In the sky! It's a bird! No, it's a plane! No... it was my point going over your head!

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Josh Avatar

It doesn't matter how experienced you are, if the conditions are bad enough, no matter what your vehicle or what your experience is, you can slip.

...AND IF YOU LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE CONDITIONS GET LIKE THAT, THE OBVIOUS THING TO DO IS TO AVOID RWD CARS ALTOGETHER.

Jesus fucking Christ, Xuzi. It's not like there's a 30% chance of winter where you're from. It happens every year. At roughly the same time. "I bought it long before winter" isn't an excuse because you know that SOONER OR LATER IT'S GONNA BE WINTER AGAIN. And for every single fucking year to come.

newBookmarkLockedFalling