Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
Happy Birthday!

Even though this place is dead, it is still worth making a topic about!

kathy025
I noticed you keep saying SZ is dead/dying... is it?

We already lost SoCal. Can't lose SZ.

Last Edit: Jun 10, 2012 18:51:24 GMT by kathy025

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
kathy025 Avatar
I noticed you keep saying SZ is dead/dying... is it?

We already lost SoCal. Can't lose SZ.

<_< There is truth in all three statements.

And I'm late, but happy birthday Quilford. :)

kathy025
Last time I was here was 2009. The place wasn't buzzing as it did back in 2005-07 but it was decently active. Guess 3 years is too long. Do you guys think activity will pick up again when PBv5 comes along?

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
That's a Chris question. It *has* the potential. But I won't talk about v5 until I see it, considering it has been in the workds for over 3-4 years now (that's when we heard it was about ready)

kathy025
I really miss ProBoards' glory years. When design boards such as SZ and SoCal were brimming with activity. I blame Facebook for the demise of forum communities. :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Kathy: If I can find time, then activity will pick back up. :P I do plan to do a lot with v5 as does Ben, but we're both extremely busy with school and life.

Jack: You can go view v5 currently... you know that, right? (http://v5.proboards.com)

kathy025
: As long as SZ isn't a total graveyard, I'm glad. This is one of the longest-standing PB coding & design board. Fingers crossed for v5.

: Oh yeah, v5 is indeed in open beta. I'm still unsure if I like the live shoutbox or not.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
kathy025 Avatar
Jun 14, 2012 0:51:06 GMT @kathy025 said:
: As long as SZ isn't a total graveyard, I'm glad. This is one of the longest-standing PB coding & design board. Fingers crossed for v5.

: Oh yeah, v5 is indeed in open beta. I'm still unsure if I like the live shoutbox or not.

I'll always be around to post... Scorp's here spam protecting too. :P I just need to get my ass in gear for code requests/support.

As for the shoutbox... that's why you can disable it. Won't be enabled on SZ most likely. :P

Quacker Jack

Quacker Jack Avatar

ProNation

December 2007
I'm aware Chris. But I meant that I don't think a release is coming anytime too soon. After all, 3-4 years and they can show a preview of it. w00t. I bet it will be next year when it is actually released, tbh.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Quacker Jack Avatar
I'm aware Chris. But I meant that I don't think a release is coming anytime too soon. After all, 3-4 years and they can show a preview of it. w00t. I bet it will be next year when it is actually released, tbh.

But credit to them if they're spending this time smoothing out bugs - it would be an extremely laborious task to rewrite ProBoards.. especially with the features v5 promises.

I'd rather have it late but polished, than early and buggy.

kathy025
I do hope they make the update to v5 optional for the first run like how vBulletin does it if I'm correct. While I'm excited with v5, I fear massive code incompatibilities.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Chris Avatar
kathy025 Avatar
Jun 14, 2012 0:51:06 GMT @kathy025 said:

I'll always be around to post... Scorp's here spam protecting too. :P I just need to get my ass in gear for code requests/support.

As for the shoutbox... that's why you can disable it. Won't be enabled on SZ most likely. :P

Beating a dead horse thread here.

Seeing how Ben would design it. I would agree with him it wouldn't even be considered to be on the website. It really draws good content away from SZ.
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Quacker Jack Avatar

A live preview with working ACP? So, you know, 90% done. :P Trust me, they're very far along. In fact, I think I'm too blame for it not being done in May. Haha. I convinced them to add a few features that are enough to make the wait worth while.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Can you reveal what those features are? Or will I have to wait to find out..

newBookmarkLockedFalling