Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
For the first time in 8 years no-one was elected to the national baseball hall of fame. The list this year was lead by Craig Biggio who got 67.7% of the required 75% to be inducted.

The big thing this year was that many of the more famous people with questionable history with regards to PEDs were on the list for the first time. Mike Piazza who by my watch would be a first ballot HOFer only got 57.8%. Berry Bonds the homerun king (first ballot) only got 36%, Roger Clemens 37%, Sosa (1st ballot) 12.5%, and Rafial Palmero 8%. Chances are most of these players will never get into the hall even though their stats are some of the best all time.

• Barry Bonds, the all-time home run leader with 762.

• Roger Clemens, a storied right-hander with 354 wins.

• Biggio, a second baseman with 3,060 hits.

• Sammy Sosa, the only slugger to bash more than 60 homers in three different seasons and who totaled 609 in his career.

• Piazza, who hit 396 of his 427 homers as a catcher -- the most of any player at that position in Major League history.

So what do you think about it? Do PED questionable players deserve to be in the baseball (or any sport for that matter) hall of fame? I'd vote no even though that means many of my favorite players such as Pudge and Piazza won't have a chance :'(

Got my stats and other stuff from here: mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130108&content_id=40884098&vkey=news_mlb&c_id=mlb

Last Edit: Jan 9, 2013 21:39:03 GMT by Joe Kerr
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I actually caught this on SportsCenter earlier and was surprised as well. I guess the PED questionable is understandable. I mean, they did cheat, one way or another.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Yea, it is sad though. An entire generation of records will never see the owners going into the HOF. Records that may never be broken. I guess that is understandable since those records may have been helped along by steroids, but it is sad that some of the heroes of my young childhood will never reach the HOF just because of a rumor :(
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

newBookmarkLockedFalling