Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
We should have another contest on this....

Anyway Oscar nominations have been released. I am a bit saddened that The Dark Knight Rises didn't get any nominations as that was my favorite movie of the year. It sorta seems like the only movies that got nominated came out within the past month or so :P That said, Lincoln was a REALLY good movie and should get at least some of the things it's nominated for (12 nominations topping the list). Les Miss would be my guess to win best picture though from what I have heard about it...

abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/oscar-nominations-2013-full-list/story?id=18174507

Last Edit: Jan 11, 2013 0:34:43 GMT by Joe Kerr
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
If someone would like to take the initiative on putting this together, I am all for it. We will follow the same rules as the last competition and I can do the judging. You just have to put the stuff together. :P

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar
Inquire never, so always need elephants.

May 2009
I was also saddened to see The Dark Knight Rises wasn't there. It was a bloody brilliant movie and fitting end to the batman trilogy.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Like everyone else, I was surprised and saddened when Batman didn't even get a nomination. That's utterly ridiculous for a number of reasons. And like Joe said, it seems like the majority of the movies came out fairly recently (being deployed, I haven't seen any of them).

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar

May 2009
Looks like everyone has very short memories... or somebody skewed the votes. I, personally, haven't seen any of the nomination movies... not exactly an active movie-goer here...

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Lincoln was good although it wasn't necessarily exciting if you HATE politics. It was inspiring though...

I hear Les Mis is good....I also heard Skyfall was good those I will watch, but the others...meh :P

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar

May 2009
Yea, I've seen multiple play versions of Les Mis... So I'm hoping the movie'll be good.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
~Memzak~ Avatar
Yea, I've seen multiple play versions of Les Mis... So I'm hoping the movie'll be good.

wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/thefw.com/files/2013/01/AmK21.jpg

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Ok now I must see it :P

~Memzak~

~Memzak~ Avatar

May 2009
Haha, something like that... I just watched the trailer.

Not only does it have the aforementioned Wolverine and Catwoman, but it also has the actor who was Bellatrix Lestrange in Harry Potter. Definitely going to watch it now. :D

newBookmarkLockedFalling