Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
PBv5 has a ton of new features that they've added.  It really is completely different software from v4, for better or for worse.  Let's try to compile a list here of our favorite new features.  (I'm going to personally stick to ones that every user can use, but that's up to you guys.)

I'll post my three favorites so far:
1) You can tag people using @ + their username... so, like this: hai

2) No more timezone adjustments.  It uses your computer's time instead. =o

3) Liking posts.  Much better alternative than Karma since it's only positively enforced.

What're your favorites?

Last Edit: Jan 3, 2014 8:28:33 GMT by Chris

Smangii

Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar

March 2006
Yay V5!

- Selecting multiple posts to quote
- Drafts, such as typing something in quick reply and then clicking "reply" to continue editing using UBBC
- labels... not often used, but I still think is is sweet as heck (I do use them often).

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Smangii Avatar
Smangii Avatar
Yay V5!

- Selecting multiple posts to quote
- Drafts, such as typing something in quick reply and then clicking "reply" to continue editing using UBBC
- labels... not often used, but I still think is is sweet as heck (I do use them often).
oooh, good ones.

Another favorite:
- Threaded PMs/conversations
- Multi-person PMs/conversations

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
- Action Bar is actually something I really like and find useful. You guys have removed it so now it's strange lol.
- I rather like the navigation tree, too.

Then the stuff you guys have listed also.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
- Action Bar is actually something I really like and find useful. You guys have removed it so now it's strange lol.

The action bar being when the top bar follows you down the page?  It just didn't work with this skin sadly.  I can probably add it back for you if you want it though.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar

The action bar being when the top bar follows you down the page?  It just didn't work with this skin sadly.  I can probably add it back for you if you want it though.

Yeah the action bar is the bit with the page numbers, action drop down, search.
It actually was very handy to have. It's no biggy. It's only really an issue if you need to select a different page often or what have you.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
Chris Avatar

It actually was very handy to have. It's no biggy. It's only really an issue if you need to select a different page often or what have you.
It's rare to have to switch the page in the middle of the thread though, right?  That's why the controls are available at the bottom and top in v1.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar
It's rare to have to switch the page in the middle of the thread though, right?  That's why the controls are available at the bottom and top in v1.

If it's a thread you've read before, or you just need to go back to a specific post, but yeah it is rare :P

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
I guess I'll just hop in here to say I like pretty much everything that's happened and will most likely continue to happen. Everything has a fresher feel to it. It looks nice, and it seems a lot more functionally smart than the old version.
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Twerque Avatar
I guess I'll just hop in here to say I like pretty much everything that's happened and will most likely continue to happen. Everything has a fresher feel to it. It looks nice, and it seems a lot more functionally smart than the old version.
Your lack of favorites disturbs me.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
WWWWWWWWWWWW

November 2005
Plugins and their ease of installation.

Participated thread notifications.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Aaron Avatar
Plugins and their ease of installation.

Participated thread notifications.
On an active forum, I'm starting to dislike thread notifications... so the ability to disable them on a per-user basis is nice. :)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
There's too much new stuff and I can't comprehend it all, but it looks really pretty, so good job, gents. :)

newBookmarkLockedFalling