Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, sometime over Christmas break, I was browsing the internets and I decided I wanted to buy some stuff.  (It's Christmas, I deserve to treat myself. :P)

Now, being a nerd, I wanted to find something awesome.  I had just recently beaten Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds, so Zelda was on my mind.  I decided to see what Etsy had for Zelda stuff.  (I previously bought this as a birthday gift for someone on Etsy, so that's how I knew about them.

That may have been an (awesome) mistake.  www.etsy.com/search?q=zelda

I ended up there.  About 3 hours later of spazzing over IM to my best friend, I had a cart full of at least 20 things for $2k.  (Needless to say, I trimmed that cart.)

I ended up buying 4 things: companion cube dice, mustached Pikachu shirt (Christmas gift for a friend), Triforce stone coasters, and Zelda flask.  

Ended up being awesome.  The coasters and flask have arrived.  The stone coasters are great, and replaced my old shitty ones perfectly.

Anyone else used Etsy before and enjoyed its awesomeness?

Anyways, the full geekery gallery is here: www.etsy.com/search/handmade/geekery

Last Edit: Jan 6, 2014 5:51:15 GMT by Chris

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
OMG CHRIS YOU'RE SPEAKING TO MY SOUL. I browse Etsy all the time because I like to daydream about my future apartment.

That Pikachu shirt is precious af. In love.

Yeah, Etsy can get supah expensive supah quick. I think I accidentally got up to like $5k one time ahaha.

Last Edit: Jan 12, 2014 22:49:17 GMT by Twerque
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Twerque Avatar
OMG CHRIS YOU'RE SPEAKING TO MY SOUL. I browse Etsy all the time because I like to daydream about my future apartment.

Yeah, Etsy can get supah expensive supah quick. I think I accidentally got up to like $5k one time ahaha.
Their marketing team needs help though.  Making it so that I can't order everything from different vendors at once (like Amazon, per se) makes me less likely to spend a ton of money on their site, because I get bored of clicking through so many times.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Twerque Avatar

Their marketing team needs help though.  Making it so that I can't order everything from different vendors at once (like Amazon, per se) makes me less likely to spend a ton of money on their site, because I get bored of clicking through so many times.

'Tis a good point. I haven't actually ordered anything quite yet so I haven't run into that problem but I can imagine it's really annoying. I actually wasn't aware it worked like that -- I had thought it WAS like Amazon. Hopefully they'll implement a better system.
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Twerque Avatar
Chris Avatar
'Tis a good point. I haven't actually ordered anything quite yet so I haven't run into that problem but I can imagine it's really annoying. I actually wasn't aware it worked like that -- I had thought it WAS like Amazon. Hopefully they'll implement a better system.
As long as they're all one sender, you're good.  Sadly, not easy to get one vendor.

Amazon will still send you multiple packages if they're different vendors. :(

newBookmarkLockedFalling