Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-kentucky-inmate-cold-20140107,0,1439596.story

Pretty funny story that I figured I'd share.  Who all is in the middle of their cold season right now?    

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
I don't blame him. It's cold here and we're not having the weather half as bad as some of you Americans are. I'd do the same thing :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Stinky666 Avatar
I don't blame him. It's cold here and we're not having the weather half as bad as some of you Americans are. I'd do the same thing :P
Define cold?  We have multiple cities shutting down apparently.  (Wusses.)

I know  mentioned that in his hometown, the police "arrest" homeless and hold them for 24 hours just to give them somewhere to stay.  This year they're waiting outside the police station to "arrest" the homeless again.    

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Stinky666 Avatar
Define cold?  We have multiple cities shutting down apparently.  (Wusses.)

I know  mentioned that in his hometown, the police "arrest" homeless and hold them for 24 hours just to give them somewhere to stay.  This year they're waiting outside the police station to "arrest" the homeless again.    

Cold here for us, is I guess, anything below 0 (Celsius).
But I've seen on the news lately, that there's a lot of snow and it looks freezing (literally) in areas. Here, in the majority of the UK, it's just a little cold, with a cold wind. Nothing like what you guys are experiencing.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
A LOT of homeless people will commit petty crimes in order to have somewhere to stay while it's cold. I don't blame them ... Honestly, knowing that there are people -- and pets -- out there in this really gets me. I just wish I could do more to help.
Signature coming~

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Twerque Avatar
A LOT of homeless people will commit petty crimes in order to have somewhere to stay while it's cold. I don't blame them ... Honestly, knowing that there are people -- and pets -- out there in this really gets me. I just wish I could do more to help.
These guys aren't actually committing any crimes.  That's the difference. :)

Though, you remind me of a story I read.  A guy once robbed a bank for $1 because he couldn't afford health care for something he had (might have been cancer?), but the prison system would cover it.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris Avatar
Twerque Avatar
These guys aren't actually committing any crimes.  That's the difference. :)

Though, you remind me of a story I read.  A guy once robbed a bank for $1 because he couldn't afford health care for something he had (might have been cancer?), but the prison system would cover it.

Oh, I know :D It's just related. And heh. Really? That's nuts. The prison system -- and health system -- is really screwed up, though, so I guess if you think about it, that it isn't really that surprising.
Signature coming~

newBookmarkLockedFalling