Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
So, my school has a little program called "PowerSchool". It basically allows us to check our grades at any time and see current up to date GPA, grade percentages, missing assignments, etc.

So, do you guys have similar programs? If so, how do you feel about them?

Jamie

Jamie Avatar

Official Member

September 2005
STI

Down alot but I still think it's good. =P
Blah blah....

Currently listening: The Fray.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Yeah, my school does. I guess I don't mind it. It's pretty cool to have automatic grade updates. Plus, I know someone who hacked them in 6th grade and gave himself A's. :D

Rouno

Rouno Avatar

Dedicated Member

August 2005
My school has them as well. I'm "signing up" for it next year to make sure my grades stay accurate. heh

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Luci: That's one of the few problems... :P

Eichi: o.O You have to sign up for it?

valandil
I don't... but I wish we did. At the moment we have to go to individual teachers and have them print out grade reports.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Artica: Ouch. =/ We use to just ask our teachers if we were doing good or bad, or they'd make us keep a "grade sheet" and we'd have to calculate our own grades. With weights. :o

mxracer

mxracer Avatar

Official Member

May 2006
Some individual teachers use a program called Thinkwave at my school.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
I don't know if we even have that system..
Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

[Random] ,{Jester}

[Random] ,{Jester} Avatar
I LIVE

Official Member

October 2005
Personaly I'm not in a school at the moment...home schooled...granted my grades are all A's in everything I do so I don't need a program like that.

But I do belive that they have that in the local school system.

My personal views on this are such that I don't feel it is needed, granted I have a slight...distain for the public school system here in the U.S.

Last Edit: May 28, 2006 0:43:35 GMT by [Random] ,{Jester}
Projects
==========
Titan Sword [RPGMXP]

Graphics; ====
Ruby Script; =====
Music; =====
Story; =====

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Two of my cousins are home schooled, and they're doing fine... heck, one of the smartest men alive (his name escapes me), was home schooled. Scored a 5 on the BC Calculus exam at the age of 10. :P

I also don't go to a public school, so that may be part of it. :P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Our school (well, probably all the schools in the district) has a grading program that the teachers put on their websites, but the updates depend on the teacher.

Really useful, in my opinion. Lets me know what I get on stuff, and what my grade is so I know how hard to try in some classes. Plus it's always a bonus for me when I just know what's going on.

Spektral

Spektral Avatar

July 2009
Our school is too cheap to get that. =\

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
braxis said:
Our school is too cheap to get that. =\

That's what your mom said about the abortion. :P

---

So it seems like most people have it... But I wonder, does it really work for those who don't own a computer? =/

NotOri0us

NotOri0us Avatar

June 2006
lucifer said:
Yeah, my school does. I guess I don't mind it. It's pretty cool to have automatic grade updates. Plus, I know someone who hacked them in 6th grade and gave himself A's. :D

Ahahahah, I did that this year. My teacher left the room and left the program up and logged in. Turned my high B average into a A average.

The name of our program is eClass.

newBookmarkLockedFalling