Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
Super Mario Galaxy got a better Rating then Halo 3! O___O

SMG: 9.7 Overall
Halo 3: 9.5 Overall

Just because it got a higher rating by a shitty game site like IGN doesn't mean a thing, the gaming magazines ratings are way more important.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
IGN is a highly respect reviewing site, no need to hate it because you think Halo 3 deserves better.

Here's the average rating of Mario Galaxy from the most important reviewing websites and magazines.
www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/915692.asp

It needs 20 reviews before they put it in the top ranked games. The only game that has a higher average rating is Zelda Occarina of Time, but expect Galaxy to drop further as more reviews get in. I do think it will make the top 10 ranked games of all time though.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I think it looks good, but I wouldn't buy it still. I don't like it as a twist on the Mario series really. =/

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
kenshin said:
Super Mario Galaxy got a better Rating then Halo 3! O___O

SMG: 9.7 Overall
Halo 3: 9.5 Overall

Just because it got a higher rating by a shitty game site like IGN doesn't mean a thing, the gaming magazines ratings are way more important.

Actually, gaming mags tend to have more biased reviews than websites, where enough proof is given if you read any gaming mag to begin with, but you could cite examples like GI giving Paper Mario: TTYD a low score because of low marketing appeal to GameStop, who they have ties to, by saying the game had bad dialogue. Which, if anyone who's not completely boring were to play it, they would find it's the exact opposite. Etc. etc. stuff like that happens sometimes, but from my experience more so in magazines.

But, to the point, gaming mag ratings aren't way more important because no ratings are really "important." They give you a general idea to how the public reception to a game is, and that's where it ends. Like I felt that Shadow of the Colossus and Mercenaries (let's just give two examples) in no way deserved the kind of high scores they ended up getting on most reviews, but hey, most likely everyone else did like the games more than me. Once again, reviews are just a guideline.

I'm not surprised by high scores for Galaxy, but I was surprised that GameSpot gave it a 9.5. They're usually pretty harsh for both realistic and debatable reasons.

cddude229 said:
I think it looks good, but I wouldn't buy it still. I don't like it as a twist on the Mario series really. =/

Are you one of those people that hates fun, happiness, and freedom in general?

Okay, I actually haven't played Galaxy, but all these reviews and videos aren't helping my hype.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I hate happiness, but freedom and fun are good. :P

windwaker

windwaker Avatar
Hey!

Dedicated Member

October 2005
For those of you who have played it, is it any good? I haven't gotten a Wii yet.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
cddude229 said:
I hate happiness, but freedom and fun are good. :P

So you're an emo Galaxy-hating communist. I see how it is.

windwaker said:
For those of you who have played it, is it any good? I haven't gotten a Wii yet.

It's only out in Japan. It comes out this Monday for NA and'll be out worldwide by the end of the month.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
I finally got mario galaxy today. So far it's as good as I hoped it'd be ^_^. Only the beginning was kinda easy, but it gets harder the further you got. I got 14 stars so far (total of 120), and I plan to take all 120 stars even though you don't have to ;o

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
crazyj said:
I finally got mario galaxy today. So far it's as good as I hoped it'd be ^_^. Only the beginning was kinda easy, but it gets harder the further you got. I got 14 stars so far (total of 120), and I plan to take all 120 stars even though you don't have to ;o

Isn't that the point of all Mario games? :P

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
121 Stars. :P

Sasuke

Sasuke Avatar

August 2005
I played it yesterday, its alright, but I much preferred Super Mario 64, the camera angles on this game make my head hurt. x_x

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That'd be one of the things I was afraid of in this game. >.<

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
I got it the day it came out, it's pretty sweet. I'm not trying to beat it too quickly though. It needs to last until February 9th.

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
Just rented it and I got 16 Stars and my brother beat Bowser (1st time) already in 2 Hours. But I'm trying to make it last for another 4 days. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling