Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'm going down Monday to take my written test. Wish I could take the driver's test in the same day, but I doubt I'll be that lucky. But I'll have it by the end of this next week as long as I don't ultimately fail. I'm 19, but I was too poor for driver's ed, and have moved around a lot lately, so I never had a proof of residency until now.

Here in Washington I do know that you can get your permit at 15 and a half, and then your license at 16. Though to acquire a license at 16, you have to go through driver's ed. Which would be the reason I never got my license until now.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I got my full adult license at 17.

In NY if i remember right at 16 you can get your permit then you have to wait 6months i think with 20hrs of driveing with someone older then you have to take a 5hr class then go take road test with dmv person. Now if you are under 18 by the time you get ur license you can drive but until like 9pm at night (until you are 18). But if you are a lucky one that takes a Driver's ed class in school you get to jump ahead all that crap and can get your full license under the age of 18.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Wow, everyone can drive. I can't. Never even tried. Too expensive.
However, I have sent off for a Provisional Licence. £50. Yay for me?

CannibalRobotics

CannibalRobotics Avatar
wut

Official Member

June 2009
In California you can get your permit at 15 1/2. You have to take driver's ed but you can take it before or after you get your permit, so long as you get it done before you take the driving test. After you get your permit you have to wait six months and drive fifty hours before you can take the test to get your license. And I belive according to my boyfriend you can take the permit test online.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Driver's ed isn't required here. it's available but it costs money.

got my license at 17 1/2.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Ess Ohh Avatar

Same here but doesn't cost anything if you get it in highschool.

Right not i going to try to get my Bike license this summer and maybe and i mean maybe if i'm not to dam lazy i may go for my CDL license in a year or two

Jesse

Jesse Avatar
Just a mother doing graphic designing!

May 2007
Arucard Avatar
Ess Ohh Avatar

Same here but doesn't cost anything if you get it in highschool.

Right not i going to try to get my Bike license this summer and maybe and i mean maybe if i'm not to dam lazy i may go for my CDL license in a year or two

O.o Please be careful if you get your CDL. Swift Transport has their own school that you have to pay for for at less a year if you are working for them. If not then you have to pay after you pass or they will sue you. Swift Transport is also a very bad company to work for long with the following rookie companies: J.B. Hunt, Werner Enterprises, and Schneider National. Also everyone that is out there on the road if you see these companies please be careful. I have seen to many people that were driving cars get run of the road and got seriously hurt or worst the past 3 years.
I don't do graphics anymore! Leave me alone about it!

Bobby

Bobby Avatar

August 2005
I'm glad I got my license in New Hampshire, it seems most states have rather long-winded requirements. In NH (if you're under 18) you can take Drivers Ed. so long as you'll be 16 by the end of the course. Once that's completed you go to the DMV, take the written and practical and walk out with your license.

At 18 you just go to the DMV and take the written and practical. No need for Drivers Ed. at that point. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling