Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
(Note: If an image has been scaled down, click on it to see the full sized version. I apologize to those of you with slow connections)

We're going to start off with his movie "Reign of Fire" (excellent movie, btw). I don't have exact weights for it but this is what he looked like for it.

For his movie, The Machinist, Bale dropped 63 pounds to play the part. He was 121 pounds when it was all said and done. He looked like this:

He started filming Batman Begins just months after The Machinist finished filming. In 6 months, he gained 100 pounds and was up to 230 pounds total and was told by Christopher Nolan that he had actually put on too much weight and went ahead and lost 40 pounds before filming began. He looked like this.

For comparison sake, this was the transformation in 6 months.

He then kept his weight somewhat steady (I believe he dropped 20-30 pounds for Rescue Dawn and then gained it all back) through filming Public Enemies (which he lost a bit of muscle for from what I saw in the movie). Here is an image of him in Public Enemies. He isn't shirtless but just look at how full his face is. Public Enemies finished shooting in December/January, I believe.

Here is Bale in the last week filming his next movie: The Fighter. He's lost upwards of 50 pounds for the role and had his hair cosmetically thinned. He'll play a crack addicted criminal brother of the main character, Mark Wahlberg.

(The guy on the right isn't him as far as I know)

Last Edit: Jul 15, 2009 5:16:38 GMT by Josh

CannibalRobotics

CannibalRobotics Avatar
wut

Official Member

June 2009
Ya, I saw something about this in I think Entertainment Weekly. That's freaking nuts. I have a body builder buddy and he's never said anything about losing or gaining that much weight in that kind of time span. XP

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Never realized he did all of that.

Jeebus.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Well steroids would really explain his behaviour

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
steroids

Not even kidding. I don't know about the other roles but from the machinist to batman begins he juiced it up. Hollywood actors use em too.

newBookmarkLockedFalling