Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
At my school, there's a rule that you can't back into your parking spot. It applies during summer school as well.

I'm in summer school. My friend austin and I have the same car.

Anyway, last thursday Austin backed into his parking spot, and the dean, Mr Mosley, warned him not to do it again. So on Friday, I backed into my spot. I got warned not to do it again.

Today, austin and i drove our cars to school together. We felt like being smartasses, so when we got to school, we both backed in side-by-side.

During break, Mosley comes up to us and says "Austin, Ben, I need to talk to you." He takes us aside and proceeds to tell us that we have four options for breaking the parking rules:

1. Lose our parking privileges for next year
2. Lose our break for the rest of summer school
3. Stay after class
4. Take a parking ticket

We were laughing so hard that we couldn't answer... he had parking tickets written for us.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
That is fairly hilarious, but I can't imagine why there would be a rule that you can't back into your parking space. That just doesn't make sense. If your school is anything like my school, that's actually safer since everyone comes at different times, but everyone leaves at the same fucking time, so there's some amount of risk to backing out of your space, especially if you're parked next to an SUV or something that you can't see over. Backing in solves that problem since it's much easier to see and quickly get out of your stall.

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Benjamin Avatar
1. Lose our parking privileges for next year
2. Lose our break for the rest of summer school
3. Stay after class
4. Take a parking ticket

We were laughing so hard that we couldn't answer... he had parking tickets written for us.

I'd just stay after, but that's just me.

xmsteel Avatar
You also cant back into parking spaces at the community college here.

For what possible reason can they have for not letting you back into a spot? I mean, seriously, if you can do it, it just makes it a hell of a lot easier to get out of a spot.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
That's stupid. I'm guessing their logic is that teens can't park and would hit other cars more often while backing in than pulling in. Which in my case, yes, is probably true, but not for everyone. Thus, those who can back in, can do it, those who can't (like me), don't try. :P

Neversoft

Neversoft Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
We werent allowed to back in to spots either, which mystified me as well :P We also werent allowed to sit in our car out in the parking lot, which I thought was silly.
Jesus christ, I've been here 3 years :o (Oh lawd, its 4 now)

LOL ITS 6 AND A HALF NOW

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Chris, that's what my original thought was too, and I think that's a big part of it. But I also realized that our spots are angled, and if you back into your parking spot, you'd be leaving in the opposite flow of traffic. Those two things are probably how they justify it.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
We had a rule like that at school, but then the school finally gave in when more then half of the seniors backed into their parking spots. Apparently the thought of 200+ kids in detention scared them. ^^

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ben: Angled spots probably do it honestly. It makes a bit more sense then.

Aryna: Skills. :P

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
Chris Avatar
Ben: Angled spots probably do it honestly. It makes a bit more sense then.

Aryna: Skills. :P

I know. I was funny to watch, too..., the school administration was all freaking out, and one of the security guards, Jan, was helping kids who couldn't quite back into their spot back in.

newBookmarkLockedFalling