Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I guess this post will say alot about me but so what :P

So i started high school baseball a few weeks back. I am having fun. I am homeschooled so you would think that finding somewhere to play is hard. Luckily i found one of the better places in america :D I am playing for an organization called HSAA. We are the Angels. I never knew this existed before but there is a Homeschool World Series and it is a pritty big thing. My team has gotten second place out of thirty two teams all over america. The team we keep losing to has a coach who played baseball for the MLB so they are good :P

The working is REALLY hard. We run with bands and do a bunch of other conditioning drills. But i can feel the payoffs already. I have been like 20 pounds over weight for a while and i am losing weight fast. It feels good to be working hard ;D

Do any of you play highschool or even collage sports?

Oh BTW the Homeschool world series website is www.hwsa.org just so you know i am telling the truth...i was not on the team last year because this year i am a freshman but hopefully soon...
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I played basketball for two years in junior high. Led the league in blocks and rebounds in eighth grade. Our starting center went down with an injury, so I ended up playing pretty much every minute that season and was the second tallest player in the league (the first being our starting center) and was easily the biggest. Sadly, we went 2-10. haha

Also played a year of JV soccer in 10th grade. Got the nickname of "Ninja" that year due to a few times I saved a goal from doing a kick that resembled a round house kick in front of an open net. haha. That year, our top two goalies were injured and we went 6-12. lol

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
sounds cool...

I haven't been amazing but for the last few years i led the team in homeruns (this was in middle school) even though i only hit one each year. I hit the ball hard but need to work on my avridge

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
...and your spelling jks

Uh. I fence and play tennis and used to be pretty good at soccer before totally having my life fucked up and becoming a lazy unfit nerd. kthxbai

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
quilford: +1 respect for fencing.

In high school I did football and track all four years. Started varsity as a sophomore in football and lettered as a sophomore in track. I also did basketball my senior year and started 2 of like 20 games. :P I was mainly our defensive guy, so it worked for me. It was just fun in general.

Now that I'm in college I'm beginning my second year on the football team and currently projected as the starting fullback/backup tailback. We're still in camp, so I'll see how that goes. :P I'm also going to join the track team again this year... couldn't last year after I lost 15 pounds in 4 days 'cause of swine flu.

Aryna

Aryna Avatar

August 2009
I didn't do very many sports in high school, just track and swim. And, don't bother asking how I did for either, I didn't pay attention, so I don't remember, I only know that I was on JV. I probably could have run varsity for track though, but I was way too lazy.

And that sucks that you couldn't join track last year. I think my school offers track, I know they have football though... and I think golf, but golf pretty much isn't a sport. (Not that I'm dissing it, it's just swimmers have to work their butts off.)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
It's not that I couldn't, more that it's better to save a year of eligibility. :P I can still do track if I get my a master's here now as opposed to losing my extra year of eligibility.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
Tennis. I think I'll be borderline Varsity/JV this year as a senior, on one of the worst teams in the conference. I'm not that good :P

It's casual-ish, but we have fun :D

Last Edit: Sept 6, 2010 23:04:03 GMT by abZebras

Allan

Allan Avatar
It's All Good

Dedicated Member

March 2006
in highschool i played Football and Basketball.
Football was starting WR on Varsity as a freshman and also played Defensive back.Basketball i was a shooting guard.
trying to think of what to make

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Allan Avatar
Football was starting WR on Varsity as a freshman and also played Defensive back.Basketball i was a shooting guard.

If we're doing positions.... Starting OL entire sophomore year, and one game on DL sophomore year. Junior year I was our DL/DE hybrid. Senior year I was the DL/DE/LB/CB-blitz hybrid. I also lined up at every position besides QB and Safety. :P

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
Allan Avatar

If we're doing positions.... Starting OL entire sophomore year, and one game on DL sophomore year. Junior year I was our DL/DE hybrid. Senior year I was the DL/DE/LB/CB-blitz hybrid. I also lined up at every position besides QB and Safety. :P

So you never played the one position that people actually care about. Good for you. :)

:P

Allan

Allan Avatar
It's All Good

Dedicated Member

March 2006
Chris Avatar

Awesome at least you got to play alot :D
trying to think of what to make

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Josh Avatar
Chris Avatar

So you never played the one position that people actually care about. Good for you. :)

People care about the running backs and receivers...

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Joe Kerr Avatar
Josh Avatar

People care about the running backs and receivers...

When was the last time the big hero was a running back or receiver? Seriously. :P You've got Reggie Bush. Tjhat's about it. And his shit's being taken away from him. lol. Other than that, it's been Tebow, Manning, Manning, Brady, Bradford, Favre, Sanchez, scarboy in NOLA, etc.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
hmmm...well you have Miles Austin, Emmit Smith, Michael Irvin, LT, Bary Sanders, Jordan Shiply, and Des Briant. Sorry i named alot of Cowboys and Longhorns but they are good players...and famous. Emit and Irvin were part of the triplets. Sanders was the best Running Back ever. Austin was one of the more famous players last year...

newBookmarkLockedFalling