Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
www.neowin.net/news/neowin-hands-on-windows-phone-7-review

To my understanding, Windows Mobile... sucks. I know people have have a Windows phone, and they all hate it.

However, Windows Phone 7, judging by this review, sounds pretty damn sweet. The simple fact that this guy kept bragging about how fast and responsive it is really draws me in. My EVO is often laggy. I mean, it works pretty well and all, but it's not the most responsive thing I've ever used.

It also appears to be missing a few things. The lack of Flash and Silverlight kinda gets to me, though it's entirely possible that at least one of those will be fixed in time for launch. A YouTube app seems to be standard among smartphone platforms as well. One of those should appear on the platform at some point. By launch? Hopefully.

Overall, this platform is really sparking my interest. I don't know if I'll be able to get a Windows 7 Phone any time soon (even after it does come out), but it's definitely something I'm looking forward to. Well, for now, at least.
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
...when the hell is your EVO laggy? My EVO only lags due to poor programming by a third party dev.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Scorp: Make sure to wait for at least some good -user- reviews to come out.

Other then that, looks fun. I still don't like the design though. :P

Last Edit: Sept 8, 2010 13:31:22 GMT by Chris

newBookmarkLockedFalling