Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So, two days late. Sue me.

Anyway, did anyone watch the craptastic Super Bowl on Sunday? Full of botched anthems, half time shows that made your ears bleed, lackluster commercials, and a disappointing result (yes, I wanted the Steelers to win. Again, sue me).

Other than a few good commercials (the Coke WoW-esque one, the VW one, the monkey one, and, to an extent, the Chrysler Eminem one), I was insanely disappointed. It just seemed subpar on all levels. The NHL All Star weekend a week prior was better in pretty much every area (except for the intermission show, that is).

What about you?

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
xmsteel Avatar
I wasn't feeling it this year. Commercials sucked. Luckily, Packers won. Only good thing out of all of it.

This.

I want to know who the hell did the sound mixing. It was awful.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
(yes, I wanted the Steelers to win. Again, sue me).

My lawyers will be contacting you in a few days.

Obviously the Packers winning was fucking awesome. I haven't watched a Superbowl since the last time they were in (and lost to the Broncos). And Usher was a positive part of the halftime show (the ONLY positive part), though the sound was pretty weak like James pointed out.

Also, the refs made some seriously bullshit calls. I know everyone always says that, but damn.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar
Josh Avatar
(yes, I wanted the Steelers to win. Again, sue me).

My lawyers will be contacting you in a few days.

Obviously the Packers winning was fucking awesome. I haven't watched a Superbowl since the last time they were in (and lost to the Broncos). And Usher was a positive part of the halftime show (the ONLY positive part), though the sound was pretty weak like James pointed out.

Also, the refs made some seriously bullshit calls. I know everyone always says that, but damn.

Usher came out and they spent like 45 seconds saying "oh." How is that a positive? oO

@james: Yeah, the sound mixing was horrible. Did they not do a sound check? You couldn't hear the music for nearly 90 seconds. On top of that, the autotuning was so bad that will.i.am kept talking a little too loud and breaking out of it.

Jordan

Jordan Avatar

Dedicated Member

July 2006
I was just glad the Steelers lost. The commercials and half time show sucked.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lol @ the sound guy during the black eyed peas show. Needs to be fired.
k

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
TALKING ABOUT BS CALLS:

I've hated the steelers all my life, and even more so when they had the cheap win against my states team (seahawks. Man they should have won, BS calls. Seriously...)

I was so friggin happy the packers won.

Shockingly.. I'm doing a rare thing by agreeing with Xuzi.

Green & Yellow! Green & Yellow! Green & Yellow!

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Kay Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
TALKING ABOUT BS CALLS:

I've hated the steelers all my life, and even more so when they had the cheap win against my states team (seahawks. Man they should have won, BS calls. Seriously...)

I was so friggin happy the packers won.

Shockingly.. I'm doing a rare thing by agreeing with Xuzi.

Green & Yellow! Green & Yellow! Green & Yellow!

Holy hell did he make that song worse. I'm sad James had to show me the remake. :( The original was... ok. The new one was... shit. And not because the content was switched around, either.

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
....you realize there's like ten remakes right? He wasn't the first. And honestly, I like them both. But, I prefer Seattle's Blue & Green. =D

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I talked with my friend who was there (he's a huge Steelers fan), and apparently the half-time show wasn't nearly as bad live as it was on TV. :P

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Chris Avatar
I talked with my friend who was there (he's a huge Steelers fan), and apparently the half-time show wasn't nearly as bad live as it was on TV. :P

That's true of any live show, though.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Probably. But I figured I'd at least throw it out there.

newBookmarkLockedFalling