Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Collecting money, eh? I used to do that. I remember collecting all of the state quarters when they came out. I've also got a box of old/rare coins somewhere in the house. I doubt it's worth much or anything, but I had fun. ^_^
wat

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I think I have a Canadian penny somewhere. Not quite sure how I got it, but I'm pretty sure it was the result of being trolled by a vending machine. :-/
wat

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Yeah here in Washington we actually accept Canadian coins sometimes. When I was working as a cashier, they honestly didn't care as long as you're not ending up with a lot of them.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Yeah, they accept Canadian in Michigan. Nowadays, it's actually worth more anyway (roughly 1.5% more)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Canadian coins pop up in Omaha from time to time, but it's pretty rare either way. :P

I collected the state quarters as well, but I got bored before they rolled out all 50 (or was it 51 for DC?) My dad has a really old and impressive coin collection including buffalo nickels or something like that. Probably the wrong coin name, but still worth quite a bit.

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Chris Avatar
Canadian coins pop up in Omaha from time to time, but it's pretty rare either way. :P

I collected the state quarters as well, but I got bored before they rolled out all 50 (or was it 51 for DC?) My dad has a really old and impressive coin collection including buffalo nickels or something like that. Probably the wrong coin name, but still worth quite a bit.

My dad has a few like that as well, but he prefers to collect beer cans instead. lol (he actually has a really rare one from the 60's, unopened. Best part? It's even rarer because the label was printed on it upside down)

My brother has a few coins, too. A 1917 penny or dime (can't rmember which) for instance and a dime he swallowed when he was 5. lol

Jim

Jim Avatar
Josh was here.

Studio Member

September 2005
Josh Avatar
Yeah, they accept Canadian in Michigan. Nowadays, it's actually worth more anyway (roughly 1.5% more)

Not in the UP they don't :P.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
xmsteel Avatar
Jim Avatar
Not in the UP they don't :P.

That's neither clever nor funny.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
xmsteel Avatar
I didn't think so either.

At least it wasn't a broken image this time. I guess that's an improvement. ::)
wat

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Scorpian Avatar
xmsteel Avatar
I didn't think so either.

+1 For not being the only one to think that.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Eric Avatar
Scorpian Avatar

+1 For not being the only one to think that.

+2 For I agree with the above statements.

newBookmarkLockedFalling