Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Go back to Fx 4. Turn off hardware acceleration. Fixed.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Your shit sucks. Mine's awesome.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
I love how I can spot your threads from the thread titles alone.

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
Lucifer Avatar
I love how I can spot your threads from the thread titles alone.

Like.

I've been using it for months, and I'd never go back to an earlier version. The speed isn't an issue for me and the customization in the UI is a bonus. 4>3.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
xmsteel Avatar
JD Avatar

Like.

I've been using it for months, and I'd never go back to an earlier version. The speed isn't an issue for me and the customization in the UI is a bonus. 4>3.

I don't like how the tabs are way up instead of down below...

Right Click and deselect Tabs On Top...

Everything in Firefox can be changed, you know. That's actually the easiest change to make, really.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I don't even know what you are talking about, to be honest. Are you saying this?

You click a link
New window/tab opens
New window/tab does not contain desired link
New window/tab contains previously closed page

If so, that's an odd one. Also a bug and not a feature that can be changed, most likely. You messed something up, methinks. Fx 4? 3.6.x?

Also, so you know, sticking with 3.6.x won't be an option for very long. Mozilla is switching to a Chrome-like release cycle with should have Fx 7 out by the end of the year or beginning of next year. They won't be supporting legacy products for as long anymore, meaning no critical security updates. In short: in 18 months time, your browser could be a security black hole. Basically, you stay up to date or you are left vulnerable.

Last Edit: Apr 7, 2011 19:19:24 GMT by Josh

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Uh... my source is just about every tech site out there. And the Mozilla site. And the Firefox roadmaps. And... well, I could provide you with thousands of links with ease.

And no idea. Not sure what could cause it, but that is not the normal behavior. You have a setting messed up somewhere. Simply creating a new profile should fix that.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
For once, I agree with Xuzi. Every time I type/scroll/click/move my mouse, Firefox locks up for about 1 second. Back to Chrome for me.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Quinine Avatar
For once, I agree with Xuzi. Every time I type/scroll/click/move my mouse, Firefox locks up for about 1 second. Back to Chrome for me.

Again, shut off Hardware Acceleration. It's a bug they never fixed caused by graphics cards that can't handle the acceleration. Once you turn off hardware acceleration (Advanced Tab in the Settings), it shouldn't stutter at all.

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
Josh Avatar
Quinine Avatar

Again, shut off Hardware Acceleration. It's a bug they never fixed caused by graphics cards that can't handle the acceleration. Once you turn off hardware acceleration (Advanced Tab in the Settings), it shouldn't stutter at all.

How does one know if their card handles it?

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Stinky666 Avatar
Josh Avatar

How does one know if their card handles it?

I am unsure what the bug is. If your computer stutters when you try to scroll, though, it's the hardware acceleration. My 9500GT card can't handle it and it is a decent card. It can detect cards capable of it, I think, because it is disabled on my 5 year old Dell laptop at work, but not if a card can handle it well enough to not cause the browser to be crap.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Around beta 11 or 12, Mozilla implemented a blacklist for outdated drivers. That would be the first thing I recommend checking. Make sure you have the latest drivers.

If not, as has been said multiple times, just turn off hardware acceleration. That aside, if you're having problems with Win7 that make it appear worse than Vista AND Fx 4 isn't blowing you away with how amazing it is on Win7, there is something terribly wrong with your computer. :-/

Also, tabs on top takes some getting used to, but it's really worthwhile. It does make more sense to put them up there. It saves screen real estate when the browser is maximized too.

P.S. You get brownie points for using the correct abbreviation of "Firefox." Almost nobody does that. >.<
wat

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Scorpian Avatar

P.S. You get brownie points for using the correct abbreviation of "Firefox." Almost nobody does that. >.<

But he didn't... he capitalized the 'x' :P

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Josh Avatar
Scorpian Avatar

But he didn't... he capitalized the 'x' :P

!!!!! You're right!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TBQywGmMjQ
wat

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
I prefer Chrome's omnibar.

newBookmarkLockedFalling