Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Ok, so I am officially giving up hope that my Microsoft Wireless 3000 keyboard will ever work well. Intermittently not sending keystrokes is just not going to work for me.

So now I need a new keyboard. Give me ideas, people. Been looking at the Logitech Wireless Illuminated keyboard (K800) and Logitech Wave keyboard.

Size really isn't an issue, though I don't really need a giant gaming keyboard. At this point, price isn't a huge issue either; I'm just trying to get an idea. I'm looking for all the basics in addition to nice media offerings as well. Illumination and a keypad are optional.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Have you considered getting a mechanical keyboard? I've heard once you use one you can never go back. (My next keyboard will be one for sure)

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
*Illuminations are required.

Fixed.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Lucifer Avatar

Fixed.

I don't go on the computer in the dark. Period. :P Not to mention that I rarely ever even look at my keyboard. There is no point. You can't type as fast as I can if you look at the keyboard. :P

Illuminations are cool, but not required.

Last Edit: May 3, 2011 12:01:29 GMT by Josh

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I got the Logitech wireless wave mouse/keyboard combo back in October (Amazon link). I love them both. I use 'em for gaming and get no lag at all.

My only problem with the keyboard is that it has no lock indicator lights. You just have to know whether or not the caps, num or scroll locks are on. It gives a nice little notice on screen when you press the key, but it doesn't show up in-game. :-/
wat

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
Lucifer Avatar

Fixed.

I don't go on the computer in the dark. Period. :P Not to mention that I rarely ever even look at my keyboard. There is no point. You can't type as fast as I can if you look at the keyboard. :P

Illuminations are cool, but not required.

Last Edit: May 8, 2011 0:40:47 GMT by Lucifer

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
So... I unplugged my USB receiver as a last ditch effort to fix the damn thing. I plugged it back in and was prompted with a "Keyboard driver is corrupted, please reinstall." message. So I did. And now it works perfectly again. What the hell.

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Josh Avatar
So... I unplugged my USB receiver as a last ditch effort to fix the damn thing. I plugged it back in and was prompted with a "Keyboard driver is corrupted, please reinstall." message. So I did. And now it works perfectly again. What the hell.

No reason not to get another keyboard with backlit keys anyway.

Last Edit: May 8, 2011 2:26:05 GMT by Lucifer

newBookmarkLockedFalling