Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
So I recently got back to playing SoulSilver again. Of course, I grew up with the original few games (Red, Yellow, Silver, and Gold to be exact), but I never played much after the second gen games. However, I did get Pearl forever ago and played a decent chunk of that (have all 8 gym badges, but I still haven't touched it in awhile). I decided that with the announcement of Black/White 2 that I would get White and start playing them all again. Then I quite for awhile, but yet again, I started again because of X and Y (which will no doubt get their own thread when the time comes). I decided to try and knock the games out chronologically according to generation which is why I'm back to playing SoulSilver. Hopefully I can beat that soon, then go to Pearl again and finish that up before playing White. If I can beat them all before deployment is over, that'll give me plenty of time to get White 2 and beat that by October.

But my whole point for this thread (other than obvious Pokymans talk) is, what with the advent of Wifi and friend codes, to get those of us together who do play and wanna get online to trade/battle/etc. In fact, I believe I had a thread like this awhile back. Unfortunately, since I'm deployed, I can't really take advantage of this for a few months, but I've had a DS for years and barely touched it until this deployment. Now I play it all the time (the 3DS XL is just such a nice piece of technology). So I wanna make the most of it when I get back, AND I want more motivation to be the very best, that no one ever was...

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I've played through all of the games at one point or another. Was definitely worth it. :P But I've never taken advantage of the DS wireless features honestly.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I've just started playing pokemon rom hacks. They change around trainers, make the games more difficult, actually let you catch all the pokemon, and make an actually Elite 4.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
The rom hacks are pretty awesome. I played pokemon Chaos and that was fairly good. I normally play the roms now, too, because I don't want to waste the money on actual cartridges and shit, so I don't have the wireless features.

I *MAY* actually purchuse Y and Z, though, so I may in the future have some codes to give to peoples.
Signature coming~

Lucifer

Lucifer Avatar

Mythical Studio Member

Eunuch

August 2005
Twerque Avatar
The rom hacks are pretty awesome. I played pokemon Chaos and that was fairly good. I normally play the roms now, too, because I don't want to waste the money on actual cartridges and shit, so I don't have the wireless features.

I *MAY* actually purchuse Y and Z, though, so I may in the future have some codes to give to peoples.

The new generation of Pokemon, from the little they've released, actually looks very promising.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I didn't like Black or White...and sorta lost interest half way through both :P Last one I finished was Platinum...I finished Ember a looong time ago, but I haven't played a ton of hand helds lately...
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
I hadn't heard about the hacker ROMs. That actually sounds interesting.

Twerque

Twerque Avatar
make my way back home when i learn to fly.

Studio Member

December 2009
Chris, they're awesome. You should definitely try them sometime.
Signature coming~

newBookmarkLockedFalling