Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
First thing's first, remove that flash video from your forum, cos the rest of the forum doesnt load at all.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
done!

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
1. The border around your affiliate table is a bit..odd. Try making it a 1 px black border.

2. If you do not wish for me to hunt you down, and kill you with my bare hands, I recommend you change your display name to something that isn't similar enough to my own. I seriously thought you were me. o.O

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
uuuum about that you see my username like has to be xl but if you could find some good suggestions i would gladly take them it has to be xl because of xl templates

Stinky666

Stinky666 Avatar

December 2009
The forum doesn't load for me, still. All that shows, are the Proboards ads, and an "XL" banner. :-/

I use IE7, btw.

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
Yeah, I can't see it in any of my browsers (FF2, Opera9.22, IE6). And i'm sure as hell not going through that source code. :o

Kahless™

Kahless™ Avatar
Coding noob

October 2005
There is a loading banner guys, click it
"In the end, we will not remember the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." Martin Luther King

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
splash page.... duh........

Devin

Devin Avatar

Official Member

August 2007
First thing I notice is that you put maybe 5% effort into your forum.

This is especially odd because it is a design/coding/templates forum.

First of all, splashes pages are nothing but annoying, and the splash image you have is made by an online text generator most likely.

You have a premade template, which for a templates forum is nothing but funny and sad.

Your affiliates table border is a different color.

The dynamic hover background code you are using is annoying, and pointless.

Your mp3 script from minorcrisis.net is locking up my browser for seconds at a time.

2/10 for the 5% effort.

AFK Aug 2011 - ???

I'll be actively developing codes, tutorials, and templates when I return, later this year.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
you are very mean ! everything i say you seem to hate me for and i say to that .....get a life!!!! or get councelling i dont care which its just that its takes me a while to make things.... oh and the xl templates sign i made as my first photoshop image so mean.....

Last Edit: Aug 20, 2007 20:48:53 GMT by Conor

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Ok, guys, cool it. This thread isn't meant to be a flame war. XL, please respect Uzi's opinions for what they are. S/He's just saying what s/he thinks. Also, don't go off topic in ways like that. Don't insult other members or I'll report you.

*wipes sweat off forehead*

Ok, now onto the rating.

You are using a premade template, which is fine if you're keeping it while you make another skin. The board names are weirdly aligned especially the "forum enhancement" one.

The cursors and the highlight effects both look unsuitable, and also the affilates border. I wonder if you really affilated with Visionary Arts, and I would like proof that you did since I am an administrator there, and your minibanner isn't in our Affilates.

All in all, I'd start again, with someone who can help you make it look better.

:: rate 0 ::

Remember, this is only an opinion, so respect it.

Last Edit: Aug 21, 2007 5:27:24 GMT by Quinine

Aaron

Aaron Avatar
Bad Wolf

Dedicated Studio Member

November 2006
steynj said:
Ok, guys, cool it. This thread isn't meant to be a flame war. XL, please respect Uzi's opinions for what they are. S/He's just saying what s/he thinks. Also, don't go off topic in ways like that. Don't insult other members or I'll report you.

Alright, let me just say, lecturing about being off-topic couldn't be more contradictory. Secondly, don't expect to come into a thread with a clean slate because you weren't involved and then try to correct everyone. You just tried to end things on your terms, which is how arguments get started and fueled. Honest to god i'm sick of seeing threads ranging into dozens of pages where every once in a while someone comes by, "corrects" another person and says to end it. It's just as low to get involved, let alone demean everyone else. Thirdly, no one insulted anyone and no one flamed anyone, so we shouldn't even be having this conversation.
you are very mean ! everything i say you seem to hate me for and i say to that .....get a life!!!! or get councelling i dont care which its just that its takes me a while to make things.... oh and the xl templates sign i made as my first photoshop image so mean....

It's called an opinion. People have those. Don't expect to go through life holding someone's hand, skipping through a meadow of roses. You came here to get ratings, that's what you're getting. Or did you honestly think everything anyone said would be positive?

1.) You're using a premade template, and you're a templates forum. Something isn't right there.
2.) That hover effect you have for links doesn't blend with the forum at all, and it's just annoying. Just because somthing looks cool doesn't mean it's a good idea.
3.) You've removed the titlebar. I don't know which cell is which.
4.) I went into the general board and my browser nearly froze.
5.) There's absolutely nothing else to rate. You have no content, so I can't rate that. And you didn't make the template, so I can't rate that. Basically, you just opened a forum and filled in the blanks.

:: rate 5 ::

I give it 5/5, because you did nothing, and nothing is perfection.

Clean it up, get some content, maybe reconsider making a forum, especially a templates one, considering you can't make templates of your own.

You're to eager to start something "cool" and get popular. I'm just warning you, it won't work. I say again, just because it looks cool doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Conor

Conor Avatar

ProNation

July 2007
and to typo yes i did affialite with your site i asked SonicX if i could and he said he'd put it in the affialites thingy oh and still you all do have to realise that uzi was pretty mean plus im not using a hover code........

Last Edit: Aug 21, 2007 20:32:15 GMT by Conor

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
steynj said:

Sorry about being hypocritical. :-[

newBookmarkLockedFalling