Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
So the last console i ever owned was the super nintendo, that was a hella long time ago so i was thinking about buying a new console.
Now I've been leaning towards the Wii a lot since their games seem...more fun..for me anyways =P.
But maybe I'll change my mind if some of you guys can tell me anything about the 3 consoles, Wii, PS3 and Xbox.

Of course price is also a big deal to me..kinda =P

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I need more information, that was way too vague. =O

What exactly do you want to know? And since you said the Wii has more games you're interested in, like what types of games?

moar info plz

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Yea, going to need a bit more info for me to put my 1 cent in...

price wise PS3 will be the highest in price and i think the Wii is the lowest not 100% on the Wii.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
nevermind, I decided to get a wii after all. Sorry for not giving enough information on my previous post D:.

How about some game recommendations? =D. I'm getting Wii sports with the console, and i'll probably get twilight princess too.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
rararargh

Well anyway, that's cool. What kind of games are you interested in? Then I could come up with a list according to what's out now and what's going to be out in the future.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
i'm not so sure what type of games i like best :(

But FPS, RPG and multi-player games ( like super smash bros or w/e) are kinda my favorites i...think @_@

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
crazyj said:
i'm not so sure what type of games i like best :(

But FPS, RPG and multi-player games ( like super smash bros or w/e) are kinda my favorites i...think @_@

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU LIKE =O

It's cool, it's cool, I'll go by what you listed.

As far as FPS's go, pickings are rare right now. The only one that hasn't received more than mediocre reviews is Call of Duty 3, and that's better on other systems. There's a new Brothers in Arms coming out soon. But what you really should get is Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, which'll be out in August. It's already getting overwhelmingly positive previews, so unless something comes up, you should get it.

RPG's...let's see. Dragon Quest Swords comes out in '08, Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn comes out this year I think...oh yeah, I forgot, Super Paper Mario's out now, and I hear it's pretty good, but it's more of an RPG/action hybrid. Then there's the sequel to FF: Crystal Chronicles but that's not out for a while. Soul Calibur Legends is also more action-y than RPG...-y.

Multiplayer you're in luck. You've got Wii Sports when you buy one, and if you get Wii Play you get more (somewhat good) minigames plus a remote.

Mario Strikers Charged came out today, and if it's anything like the first one, it'll have kickass multi. Then there's WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Mario Party 8 (which is only so-so), Rayman Raving Rabbids, and of course SSBB when it comes out in December. There's also a Guilty Gear game coming out soon but I've heard little to nothing about it so I'm not too sure on that one.

Maybe this post should've been a list instead.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
I'll try to get mario party 8 or another mario game ;o. Gonna buy the wii tomorrow =)

Thanks for the list Shadowy, I have to point out though, that Wii Play has gotten some bad reviews from what I've seen o.o

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Wii Play has gotten bad reviews, but think of it this way: it's a $50 game and comes packaged with a Wii remote. Those things cost $40, so you really have a $10 game. Of course, you have to decide if it's worth even the ten bucks.

Mario Party 8's okay, I'm sure you could get a better party-type game, but it's not bad either. Good luck finding a Wii at all, though, I hear they're still in short supply.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
well if i do get a wii romote with it, then i will try to find it. And I think the store where I'm going to buy it still has it in supply. for 240 euros.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Apparently they were out. :P He told me on MSN.

CJ, I recommend Resident Evil 4. It isn't scary if that's a concern, but it's a hell of a lot of fun. Even Peter likes it. =o So it's gotta be good, no?

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
they'll have them again tomorrow. But there are no good games left, except for Mario Party 8 and Call of Duty 3. And if I buy Mario Party 8 I'll have to buy some wii controllers and get some friends to play with me to make it more fun =_=
I was looking everywhere for Paper mario or Resident Evil 4, but they were all sold out. bleh

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Yeah, if you've never played RE4, the Wii version is probably the one to get. PS2 extras + Wii controls seem like they work, at least from what I've read.

You'll probably have to buy some extra controllers/nunchuks for Wii Sports anyway if your friends are gonna play that. Those guys are expensive, though ($20 for a nunchuk is rape). I should probably stop posting in USD amounts, but what can I do.

A couple of my friends are getting Mario Strikers Charged, so if I get the chance to play that I'll see how it is.

Last Edit: Aug 1, 2007 17:56:08 GMT by Ess Ohh

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
i bought wii play with the wii console today, total waste of money on the wii play -_-; Should've just bought the wii remote without that game. Now i got no money to buy any good games, rofl.

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
Save up for SSBB. It will own. :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling