Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
www.gamespot.com/news/6194855.html

There goes the Wii classic controller, wavebird and gamecube controller.

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I'll be honest, I was surprised Nintendo lost this, since hundreds of no-name companies are constantly slamming down suits against the bigger companies (like all those guys who tried to sue Nintendo for the Wiimote after it got popular).

But they'll probably find a way around this somehow, with loopholes and good stuff like that.

XzX

XzX Avatar

Dedicated Member

May 2008
Ess Ohh Avatar
I'll be honest, I was surprised Nintendo lost this, since hundreds of no-name companies are constantly slamming down suits against the bigger companies (like all those guys who tried to sue Nintendo for the Wiimote after it got popular).

But they'll probably find a way around this somehow, with loopholes and good stuff like that.

C/S

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
They brought up a good point in the comments... how can they ban the sale of these devices nationally? How can you patent such a broad concept? It really gets to me. :P

themonkey

themonkey Avatar
My avatar is cool. Yay.

Official Member

July 2008
Why should a judge in texas care about a video game controller? patent infringment? come on this guy really needs to find something to do lol.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
themonkey Avatar
Why should a judge in texas care about a video game controller? patent infringment? come on this guy really needs to find something to do lol.

Because it's the law's job to enforce patents? :P

newBookmarkLockedFalling