Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
www.wzzm13.com/news/news_story.aspx?storyid=100829&catid=14

RAVENNA, Mich. (WZZM) - Teammates in his bowling league think after rolling a perfect 300 game Don Doane's heart just gave out.

"You get nervous shooting a 300," says teammate Todd Place. "The pressure keeps building," says bowling alley owner Jim Nutt.

Minutes after achieving the life long goal of a perfect game the 62 year old bowler collapsed and died at Ravenna Bowl in Ravenna. "Don just collapsed," says alley owner Nutt. " At first we thought he just fainted." "Then when I rolled him over I realized it wasn't good," says teammate Place.

The teammates say he was giving a high-five minutes before. They tried to revive him but Doane never spoke another word. He died of what was apparently a massive heart attack "He looked fine, reached across the table and gave me a high-five and he fell over," says Place.

"I think he died by the time he hit the floor." Don Doane was a member of the "Nutt Farm" bowling team at Ravenna Bowl for 45 years. His teammates says its strange not to see him on league nights.

"It was like a book, a final chapter," says Place. "He threw his 300 game with all of his friends, gave each other high-fives and it's like the story ended. He died with a smile on his face."

"Don will be a legend," says Nutt. 'It's something that will never be forgotten as long as people bowl here." Ravenna Bowl is planning a memorial ceremony for Doan's' wife Linda and son Chad.

Well if there's any way to go out with a bang, it's probably after bowling 300.

Last Edit: Nov 13, 2008 3:26:46 GMT by Ess Ohh

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Wow. Sad. :P

7.dust

7.dust Avatar

Official Member

November 2008
Ouch, times are rough. :D

What a story of hope and inspiration to all bowlers everywhere! Bowl that perfect 300!

"Leave, but don't leave me. Look around, choose your own ground, for long you live and high you fly and smiles you give and tears you cry and all you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be."

Zero Insanity

Zero Insanity Avatar
Show Me Ya Moves!

August 2005
That really is sad... Bowl for the Perfect 300 and fall... :'(

JD

JD Avatar

June 2008
A Martyr for the cause. Amen.

:P

Seriously though, at least he died at the prime of life, where we will all be at one stage... yep thats right, at the perfect 300 :P

danielazarc
Wow. That's really sad, but I'm sure he was happy before he died.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Hey, if I achieved a goal after 45+ years... I might just die of joy on the spot too. :P

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I can see the news article now.

"Man dies after completing Clear Sight RPG"
k

waxaddict

waxaddict Avatar

November 2008