Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Quinine Avatar
Lol what? People over-hype Vista - me and my parents bought it straight when it came out and there have been no problems, ever. None of my friends who use Vista have ever had it crap up on them - nothing's ever happened to me with IE7, I can't see the difference between it and FF or Chrome or any other browsers. My first iPod ever flamed up when I was charging it, the other two wouldn't connect to my PC, the tech. support for iTunes were useless when the credit on my gift card started disappearing despite the fact that I hadn't used it yet. My friend's iPhone broke when it fell off the top of her CD player.

And here we are going on about Microsoft's faults. They're better than the alternative.

Whooo. Rant = over.

So.. Let me get this straight.. You rant about how there's nothing wrong with Microsoft and then bash everything every other company (mainly Apple) has ever done? :P

I've never personally had any problems with Vista (besides a few drivers, but it's cool because i only ended up having to wait a couple days for them to be released), however I've had problems with other parts of the Microsoft company. I haven't had any problems with Tiger or Leopard, however the firmware on my Mac was bummed when I bought it which caused the computer to restart at random times.

What I'm trying to say is that because someone is knowledgeable about Microsoft/Windows/etc and ignorant in other topics, like Apple, they might be more inclined to see the glory of the technology they use. No company is perfect; there are always bugs somewhere.

And before anyone calls me a hypocrite for labeling this a "fail"... I called it exactly what it is, you can't deny that. ;D
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Heyheyhey, I'm just leveling it all out:

You guys = accuse Microsoft + glorify other companies
Me = glorify Microsoft + accuse other companies

I'm not denying that this was fail - it was. But it turned from a lulz at Microsoft's mistake to flaming Microsoft.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
haha i know, thus we enter a debate! *bell x3*

you might claim that apple fanboys accuse microsoft of being a crappy company, but if you think about it, so do thd usera of microsoft.

the reason i am generally unbiased about this sort of thing is actually kind of a story. back when i was a major gamer, i only had a pc. i flamed macs/apple as much of possible. but it was ingnorance not arrogance. once i got my mac i realized that i had flamed apple for no reason, since the product was great

the guys that flamed microsoft/vista have obviouslynever used it. maybe they should try windows mojave. xD

ps sorry about punctuation.. or lack of. i is on my ipod!
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Haha, this was caused by the Zune being unable to find the date. Instead of this:

if(day >= 366)

there was this

if(day > 366)

thus causing the function not to return, and causing the device to crash :P

Source

Last Edit: Jan 3, 2009 12:23:26 GMT by Simie

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Ok, that's an even worse fail from a professional company. :P Sorry Corrupt, but you can't deny that.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Benjamin Avatar
haha i know, thus we enter a debate! *bell x3*

you might claim that apple fanboys accuse microsoft of being a crappy company, but if you think about it, so do thd usera of microsoft.

the reason i am generally unbiased about this sort of thing is actually kind of a story. back when i was a major gamer, i only had a pc. i flamed macs/apple as much of possible. but it was ingnorance not arrogance. once i got my mac i realized that i had flamed apple for no reason, since the product was great

the guys that flamed microsoft/vista have obviouslynever used it. maybe they should try windows mojave. xD

ps sorry about punctuation.. or lack of. i is on my ipod!

I agree wholly - I was just upset with Apple's products over the years - the mac is great and no doubt are Apple's other products, I'm merely upset with people flaming Microsoft because there was a little bug in the Zune which got fixed - rather then posting a thread about Apple's Ipods flaming up.

And that's it, really. So much for your achievement war with Chris. :D

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I don't really have a problem with either company, but I prefer different things from different companies. For operating systems, I use Windows simply because I like it much better. I like the way it is set up, the way it runs, the way things are set up, ect.

However, when it comes to mp3 players, apple is my definite better half. Microsoft shouldn't have went into that territory. I always had respect for the new touch screen products apple are coming out with, but recent I actually tried one, and I must say, I was friggin impressed. It was a beautiful piece of technology. No doubt.

So in conclusion, I don't base it on company. I base it on the product.
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Quinine Avatar
I agree wholly - I was just upset with Apple's products over the years - the mac is great and no doubt are Apple's other products, I'm merely upset with people flaming Microsoft because there was a little bug in the Zune which got fixed - rather then posting a thread about Apple's Ipods flaming up.

Wait.. it's fixed? How do they fix it if the thing is frozen? :S

Andrew McGivery Avatar
However, when it comes to mp3 players, apple is my definite better half. Microsoft shouldn't have went into that territory. I always had respect for the new touch screen products apple are coming out with, but recent I actually tried one, and I must say, I was friggin impressed. It was a beautiful piece of technology. No doubt.

So.. if i'm hearing this correctly.. You actually used the iPod before giving it to Sam? :P
Lucifer Avatar

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lol no. I was at her house for 3 days and I tried it out during the small amounts of time she wasn't using it :P
k

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
#define ORIGINYEAR       1980                  // the begin year
#define MAXYEAR          (ORIGINYEAR + 100)    // the maxium year

See a problem there? :P (And they made a spelling mistake in the comment, lulz.)

Last Edit: Jan 4, 2009 11:02:32 GMT by Simie

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lol at the spelling mistake :P
k

Zac

Zac Avatar

January 2008
This just keeps getting sadder and sadder. Code errors, spelling errors. I don't even know if they realize how much they're embarrassing themselves. I know I don't code, but I can understand what Simie said....

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar

Elite Mod

November 2006
Uh, I really don't think that's what it really looks like. Thats probably just their way of simplifying it so the rest of the world can understand it. I say this because in a lot of languages, the # symbol equates to a comment. They also forgot to close the line, (a semi-colon ";"). I wonder what language they're even using.

And to be honest, who says engineers have to have perfect grammar? If you type fast enough, the operating system might fail to recognize some of your keystrokes. For example, as I was typing that last sentence the "y" on "type" didn't recognize, and "operating" came out as orating, no joke.

I don't really think that the spelling error is a big thing. Not like anybody sees the code anyway (ideally).
Lucifer Avatar

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
Benjamin Avatar
Uh, I really don't think that's what it really looks like. Thats probably just their way of simplifying it so the rest of the world can understand it. I say this because in a lot of languages, the # symbol equates to a comment. They also forgot to close the line, (a semi-colon ";"). I wonder what language they're even using.

You obviously haven't coded in a c-like language before.

#define SOMETHING definition

Replaces all of SOMETHING with "definition" at compile-time.

Similar to the php define() function.

And to be honest, who says engineers have to have perfect grammar? If you type fast enough, the operating system might fail to recognize some of your keystrokes. For example, as I was typing that last sentence the "y" on "type" didn't recognize, and "operating" came out as orating, no joke.

I don't really think that the spelling error is a big thing. Not like anybody sees the code anyway (ideally).

That wasn't the main problem with the code I posted. They set the max year to startyear+100

Which means, after 2060, the device will stop working.

EDIT: Looking back, this post could seem kinda rude, I don't mean it to come across as being mean/a jerk :P

Last Edit: Jan 5, 2009 20:57:11 GMT by Simie

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
I figured as much :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling