Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Avatar
M30W

Dedicated Member

January 2009
This may have already suggested but I think a SOTW or GOTW would work really well on SZ. It would be a fun contest to participate in. :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
We used to have a SOTW and SOTM, but it got very little to no activity, and thus we closed it. The old SotW board is here.

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Avatar
M30W

Dedicated Member

January 2009
Okay. Is there a possibility that it might start up again? I'd post in it. :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Its one of those things we have tried a few times, but everytime, it just fails. Why? Lack of participation.
k

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
GOTW?

But for SOTW, yeah, there wasn't enough interest. If, for some reason there's a demand for this in the future we could have a contest based around signatures, but the odds of actually reopening SOTW are slim.

Last Edit: Jan 4, 2009 4:38:34 GMT by Ess Ohh

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006

I think it's guru of the week, but don't quote me on that.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

SSJ Sonic-X

SSJ Sonic-X Avatar

January 2009
graphic of the week
TEAM PS3 | NikeTalk

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Avatar
M30W

Dedicated Member

January 2009
Benjamin Avatar

I think it's guru of the week, but don't quote me on that.

Hahaha. Nice. Consider yourself quoted. :D

Yeah. It's graphic of the week. :)

Hotshot

Hotshot Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

June 2008
Graphic of the week or SOTW seems to failing everywhere, because when people design they like to design what they are feeling/seeing. Therefore by making them conform to a style or certain type of graphic they don't like it and won't participate often enough to keep it running.

Edit: *Bows* :P

Last Edit: Jan 9, 2009 1:12:45 GMT by Hotshot

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
Why ... of the week and not try make something like this ... of the month to start off again?

Also, instead of just one style we could give two to choose from. Maybe people would feel more to participate then when they could actually choose between two styles.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
or we could just say design. Not tell them what to design. Or what theme. Or any kind of rules. And then we just have more of a "Featured" art than a "best" :P
k

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Avatar
M30W

Dedicated Member

January 2009
I actually think that GOTWs help you out of design blocks and give you an inspiration/idea and something to work towards.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
The only big issue is activity. I have no problem with implementing anything, except for that. Look at it this way

_OTW: If we have no theme every week, it becomes repetitive and boring. If we have a theme, people don't participate because they don't like the theme. If we have two themes a week, same thing.

_OTM: If we have no theme, no problem... it's so rare. But having it monthly makes people get bored of waiting and also forget to enter.

Rubber Ducky

Rubber Ducky Avatar
M30W

Dedicated Member

January 2009
Yeah that would happen with month. We should have a thread where people who will enter can post and if enough people say that they will enter, you can start a _OTW.

Quinine

Quinine Avatar
[5]

Senior Studio Member

May 2007
Actually, a "Featured" artist/artwork could be done.

newBookmarkLockedFalling