Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
Some of you might not know this, but when I'm bored, I like to do social experiments. I am always fascinated with how people react to different things, and forums are just the pinnacle of those interesting reactions. Now, recently, as some of you may know, Wrighty & Stormraven stepped down from the staff at over at ProBoards Support. After they left, somebody created a thread saying goodbye. The first page was nothing but tearful farewells and thank-yous for all the hard work. By page seven, though, it was hate comments towards the rest of the staff.

That being said, I realized that people often stray from the original topic when it's something that can have multiple meanings. I've seen threads end at a point nowhere close to the point where they began. You all know what I'm talking about. It's time to see if we can do that ourselves. I have created this thread and will define an initial topic. Once we hit page 11, I will lock the thread and analyze the results. I will then post my conclusion in a separate thread. I want to see where we will go and how we will end up there. It should be interesting. ^.^

Now then, without further ado, I shall give a starting topic. Do not feel bound by the topic. Discuss anything you want that relates to the post(s) before yours. This topic is not the topic. Don't forget that our rules are much more lax than other places. The thread direction does not equal the topic's path 100% of the time.

Now then, I noticed that both Circuit City and Best Buy have really crappy parking lots when both of those stores are relatively new... why?
wat

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
lol. Not sure. But regardless of parking lots, I think Best Buy wins. :)
k

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
My best buy parking lot owns.

Might be because my best buy is only about a year old though.

It's also already suffered a small fire which resulted in all of the sprinklers malfunctioning, ruining nearly everything in the store including the carpet. So they renovated the whole store. new carpets, floor layout, everything.

(oh and speaking of best buy, i have a bestbuy map for counter strike. gungame FTW!)
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I have a walmart map, but bestbuy... that's new for me. I agree with the "gungame FTW!" part, though. GunGame is what got me back into Counter-Strike after I abandoned it. :P
wat

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Walmart map? is it GG? do you wanna play a game? i'm bored as hell and cant leave my house.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

abZebras

abZebras Avatar

ProNation

June 2008
jealoussss.

I love playing urban environments that i can relate to.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
CC is going out of business. lulz. :P
k

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
I wonder how well social experiments like this work when people know the purpose of the topic.

oh, and I've never really noticed parking lot differences. I guess maybe Best Buy has a better one since there's more of them here than Circuit City.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
yea. Knowing the experiment kind of inclines me to either go extremely offtopic, or extremely ontopic. :P
k

newBookmarkLockedFalling