Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
If there was ever a SZ "chat" event through ventrilo/teamspeak/w.e would people show up and talk with each other? Most of us probably haven't heard each other's voice so it'd be weird to organize such an event. But I think it'd be fun to do so and make fun of each other's voices or whatever ;o

So tell me if you'd join such an event, if enough people are willing to join the I'll try to host one ^_^.

Also what program would you guys recommend? I know you have to pay for ventrilo, so unless someone has a ventrilo server I guess we'll try teamspeak. But I'm not sure if I can host a teamspeak server since I'm behind a firewall...

Edit: Tried hosting ventrilo, can't because of my firewall. So either someone let us use their server or someone hosts for us.

Edit2: Hosting for the chat event has been taken care of now. Thinking of putting it on next week friday? Chris' request, unless i got it wrong =P What time works out for everyone?

Last Edit: Dec 14, 2007 12:13:40 GMT by crazynarutard

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P I would if I was available :P
k

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Depending on the date/time, I would.

Matt

Matt Avatar

needs moar dragonfly

February 2006
I would.

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
I would for sure. Just need a date and time ahead of time and what you would be useing to do this also.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
As I said via MSN, count me in. :)

Simie

Simie Avatar

ProScripter

May 2006
I probably have the most boring voice imaginable, so I doubt I'd be there :P

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
simie said:
I probably have the most boring voice imaginable, so I doubt I'd be there :P

We don't have to know who is who, do we? ;) Only two people who'd attend have heard my voice before anyway, so I'd be anonymous. :P Ha.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
:P Not to mention people usually type differently compared to how they actually speak normally :P
k

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
true, like me i speak worst than i type

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
Can't seem to find a host for us, can anyone here maybe host or even rent a server? =x

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
The only two voice things I know of is Skype and the voice chats through Yahoo. But those are kind of ghetto, heh.

Can you even have that many people in one Skype session? o.O

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
fredy said:
:P Not to mention people usually type differently compared to how they actually speak normally :P

For example, I cuss a whole lot more. :P You'll recognize me instantly.

---

Kay: As far as Skype goes, I don't think it could handle that many people. TeamSpeak and Ventrillo are made for those kinda of situations.

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Skype supports 9 people at a time. You used to be able to get around this by having two people host conferences and then having the hosts dial each other; you could right click the persons name and click add to conference. One time I had about 30 people in a call. Not sure if it still works though.

A lot of people think Ventrillo is too hard to use. Personally, I find it kind of an annoying program. Teamspeak is great in all situations. Both Ventrillo and Teamspeak are multi-platform.

Chris is probably the only person here that knows me, but you could count me in. I could host; I've got a computer that could run it, as well as the internet needed for it. I've also got a friend or two with servers that might be able to host it as well.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

crazynarutard

crazynarutard Avatar

Senior Studio Member

August 2005
editededededededed

newBookmarkLockedFalling