Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Rachel

Rachel Avatar

December 2007
I would also join but I don't have the necessary item - microphone - now for that :( but if you guys would do it a 2nd I'm in.

btw, when saying the time then say the time zone, don't forget about that ;) not everyone is from the states :P

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
how is this going to work? i now who hosting it but what are all the fine details to this. I must know so i can prepare please :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Here are some final details:

Program: TeamSpeak (instructions on installation will be provided)

Date: December 21st - TIME BEING DECIDED

We're still sorting out the time for the actual event. We need to get input of all the SZ staff so that they can attend (if possible), so we'll get back shortly to you guys. :)

Arucard

Arucard Avatar
I am the shadow, and the smoke in your eyes, I am the ghost, that hides in the night

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Sounds good

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Official time: 2 PM CST (GMT-6)

That's 8 PM GMT, 3 PM EST, 1 PM MST, and 12 PM PST. The event is planned to last for two hours, however, it will last longer, though I must leave then. :)

Last Edit: Dec 20, 2007 4:32:32 GMT by Kay

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
As long as TeamSpeak runs on my computer, I'll def be there.

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
I've got a mic, but I don't know if it works. Guess we'll find out. :)
wat

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
hopfully i can make it. got some stuff i have to do for my grandma.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
Below is the walkthrough I just wrote on how to install TeamSpeak. I'll be posting how to get into the chatroom about 10 minutes before the actual event. It's fairly easy. :) (Note: This is for Windows. Those with Linux should be smart enough to figure it out themselves.)

Installing TeamSpeak
This is pretty straight forward. Go to teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and download the "TeamSpeak 2 Client" and the "TeamSpeak 2 Client (Updated Executable)." For optimum performance of TeamSpeak, you need both.

The first file is the install file. Unzip it, install it, and voila, done. Make sure to note which directory you install to however. We'll need that next.

The second file is an update you need to apply manually. Find the folder in which you installed TeamSpeak, and now drag the second file into that folder. You'll notice it'll ask you if you wish to overwrite an existing file. Yes, yes you do wish to. There, updating is done. Now we're ready to use the program. :)

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
And now, how to join the server. (Windows only)

First off, start TeamSpeak. In the menu, we go Connection > Connect. In the window that popped up, there's two tabs at the top. "Local Addressbook" and "Web Server List" We want the second, "Web Server List." When that opens, click the "Change Filter" button at the bottom. Set your settings like this:

ServerType Filter = Show all
Password Filter = Show servers with passwords only
Server Name Filter = Show servers starting with Studio

(Underline defines a fill-in box)

Next, click ok. Now, you should see the "Studio Zero" one there. Click on it once, and then click the "Copy to Local Addressbook" button in the lower right. Now, flip back tabs to the "Local Addressbook." Select "Studio Zero" from the list, and on the right, all options should be filled in. Change your nickname. The password is "studio" (no quotes).

See you guys there! :)

P.S. For anyone who needs an IP, 72.213.5.166:8767 is the IP.

Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007 19:57:37 GMT by Chris

Kay

Kay Avatar
if I'm not here, I'm probably working.

Ghost Admin

August 2005
Losers. Chris, Josh and I are there. Chop chop! Get in there!

Ess Ohh

Ess Ohh Avatar
help me

Ghost Admin

August 2005
wut

Well I missed this. Then again I'm pretty sure I don't have voice capabilities on my computer and don't know if I was even home, so those two excuses should work pretty nicely.

How'd it go?

Arucard

Arucard Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

September 2006
Dam that sucks, miss it due to Christmas shopping in the city thanks to my dad. if not for that i would have been there.

So besides the annc. of V3 how did it go?

Scorpian

Scorpian Avatar

[ Bracket Admin ]

April 2006
It kinda sucked after Kay refused to strip. :-/
wat

Benjamin

Benjamin Avatar
#YOCO... You only color once.

Elite Mod

November 2006
Oh yeah, way to start the party after I leave!

:P

It was pretty fun. Chris sounded the way I thought he would. And we pissed off Matt(XD). It was a pretty cool experience.

hope theres another.
Lucifer Avatar
I'm gonna start dishing out internet beatings if people keep it up with this 4chan shit, I swear.

newBookmarkLockedFalling