Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I don't have a source with me but i am sure you can google it. The Muslims are building a masque across the street from ground zero. I do know that all Muslims are not evil but the ones that aren't bad would most likely have respect for the fallen dead at ground zero that were killed by Muslims. Even worse they are opening it on 9/11/11 the tenth anniversary of one of the worst days in American history. Also the name of the Masque is the name of another Masque that was built when the Muslims went into the country to conquer it.

All these thing i have said are not fact but i have heard them from multiple people. Like i said check google.

Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010 15:12:28 GMT by Joe Kerr
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
I don't understand the big deal. First off, religious freedom. Period. Second off, Islamic fundamentalists attacked us, people who do not actually follow the religion.

Third... it's not even fucking close to ground zero.

Seriously now. Other than opening it on 9/11/11, which is a low blow I agree, what is the problem here? Just people being assholes.

As always, John Stewart is more level headed and logical than half the people in the country.

Xylish

Xylish Avatar

Ghost Admin

June 2005
Nightwalker: Just for me so I can get the grammar nazi achievement. I think you're talking about mosque, not masque. Huge difference between these two. :)

Secondly. I still do not believe that 9/11 is caused by the Islamic extrememists unless well proven otherwise. Sure, Freedom Country is attacked by somebody, presumably a "terrorist" but no solid facts have been published even as of now.

Therefore, no, building mosques near that site is not offensive.

And you can say the same thing to the Christians who built churches during the crusade :P

Ex-admin, designer and founder of Studio Zero. Currently working as a Dentist :)

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Second off, Islamic fundamentalists attacked us, people who do not actually follow the religion.

That is not true. :P While I will agree that you can't represent the whole religion by these people, saying they don't follow the religion is bullshit.

They are just following a part of the religion that isn't publicized very much because it gives Islam a bad name. jihad, holy way, for one.

Second, one of the core beliefs is "convert or be killed" for lack of better words. Kill the infidels.

Go read their books.

Secondly. I still do not believe that 9/11 is caused by the Islamic extrememists unless well proven otherwise. Sure, Freedom Country is attacked by somebody, presumably a "terrorist" but no solid facts have been published even as of now.

baha. I can agree with that.

And you can say the same thing to the Christians who built churches during the crusade

Well, partially true, but not the same.

Why?

Because Islam has a long history of building a mosque whenever they conquer an enemy; Two of the most famous being Spain, and of course, Israel.

And just a sidenote, they are naming it after the one they build in Spain. :P
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
They do not truly follow Islam, Fredy. They interpret things and exaggerate things beyond what their text actually says. When you have a few thousand of these extremists and a few billion non-extremists, one has to wonder what is going on. They are not following the same religion.

My best friend is Muslim (family is from Egypt. He actually got back last week from a month trip there) and he has actually shown me the passages where these people get their shit from. None of it sounds like Allah wishes for non-Muslims to die. To the contrary, there are countless passages that flat out say to be peaceful and to respect others, even if their actions won't get them a great afterlife.

Hell, Christians, Jews, and Muslims all follow the same deity for fuck's sake. They just do it in different ways.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Here is what my grandfather said on the issue

I also was shocked. It is worst than salt in a wound, and sends the wrong message to all.

All of the terrorists and planners of 911 were Muslim. That does not prove that all Muslim’s are evil people or that their religion is evil.

If the people building the mosque were sincerely dedicating it to the memory of the thousand of innocent people destroyed in this evil act, and as a condemnation and rejection of what a few misguided fanatics can and are doing in the name of their religion, that might be commendable. But that does not appear to be the case.

Across the street from the Oklahoma City bombing site is a stature of Jesus on the corner of St. Joseph Catholic Church which has since been refurbished from the bombing. Jesus is standing facing the bomb site and he has his head bowed and his face in his hand and he is crying. This kind of religious symbol strongly condemning the act and loss of innocent life is what is needed at the site in NY; a stature of tearful Mohamed posed shamefully facing Ground zero, not a proud monument to a religion whose followers are causing so much evil destruction and suffering around the world.

I also do not understand this thing that 9/11 wasn't Muslims...i have never seen anything to say that it wasn't them.

I don't have a problem with most Muslims but i just don't want a Mosque across from Ground Zero.

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Joe Kerr Avatar

I don't have a problem with most Muslims but i just don't want a Mosque across from Ground Zero.

In the same vicinity of ground zero does not equal across from ground zero. You won't even be able to see the damn thing from ground zero until they actually build the new buildings, and even then it may not be very visible due to other buildings blocking it.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Yeah, well, I don't want an Amish Market across from Ground Zero either.

I'm sorry, but it's not an insult or a big deal to place a mosque there. Even if it was across the street. It's like saying, "Oh, the terrorists are humans, therefore we won't allow any human buildings around Ground Zero." The absolute only difference is that the population selector is smaller. The general idea is still just as ridiculous.

The problem with terrorism is not that it causes fear of terrorists, because that only lasts for a little while. The problem is that it causes the isolation and fear of the larger--innocent--group (ie: extremists -> Muslims).

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
All these thing i have said are not fact but i have heard them from multiple people.

I'm not so sure you're fit to be having a conversation like this. Do your own research, come to your own conclusions. You've formulated this opinion from facts you didn't even care to obtain your self.

About building a statue, Muslims generally don't create depictions of the prophet Muhammad. At any rate, it sounds more like your grandfather wants all Muslims to take fault for what a couple of extremists did. I mean read it again:

This kind of religious symbol strongly condemning the act and loss of innocent life is what is needed at the site in NY; a stature of tearful Mohamed posed shamefully facing Ground zero, not a proud monument to a religion whose followers are causing so much evil destruction and suffering around the world.

I dunno, just seems to me that he's praising Christianity and criticizing Islam. And not even noting the difference between Muslims and extremists.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Hell, Christians, Jews, and Muslims all follow the same deity for fuck's sake. They just do it in different ways.

... yea.... don't ever say that again. Not true.

BTW something I forgot, turns out, the place where they are building this mosque, there was a Christian church that was destroyed during 9/11. The organization has been trying get the church rebuilt for 9 years without any luck, and yet this mosque is being built with no trouble at all. The church was there from 1922-2001.
k

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar

... yea.... don't ever say that again. Not true.

BTW something I forgot, turns out, the place where they are building this mosque, there was a Christian church that was destroyed during 9/11. The organization has been trying get the church rebuilt for 9 years without any luck, and yet this mosque is being built with no trouble at all. The church was there from 1922-2001.

The mosque is going into an old Burlington Coat Factory, dude.

And... yeah, they kinda do. The separation is in who they believe the prophet is. Christians believe it is Jesus, Muslims believe it is Mohamed (I apologize if I spelled that wrong), and Jews either believe the prophet hasn't come yet or it was Abraham. Cannot remember which. Either way, God, Allah, and Jewish God (and Tom Cruise if you're a Frat Pack fan) are all one in the same.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
www.greekboston.com/wordpress/2010/08/greek-orthodox-church-or-mosque-ground-zero/

www.jihadwatch.org/2010/08/ground-zero-mosque-moves-forward-ground-zero-church-in-limbo.html

babalublog.com/2010/08/infidel-alert-st-nicholas-greek-orthodox-church-vs-cordoba-mosque-at-ground-zero/

ect.

And it is not just the prophets that are different. All 3 religions describe a completely different god, with different paths to salvation, and different beliefs.

Sure, they are similar. But I could compare 3 people I know and say they are very similar. Does it mean they are the same person? No.
k

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
The Jews and Christians follow the same God. Jesus was a Jew....traditions says that the Muslims came from Abraham's illegitimate son Ishmial.

I bet Jews will agree that we follow the same God but i do not think that Muslims would.

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar
The Jews and Christians follow the same God. Jesus was a Jew....traditions says that the Muslims came from Abraham's illegitimate son Ishmial.

I bet Jews will agree that we follow the same God but i do not think that Muslims would.

Jews and Christians do NOT follow the same god. Why?

Christian God = trinity, 3 in one, God. God the father, God the son, and God the holy Spirtit.

Jews = Just God.

Not the same.

If you know anything about theology, you would know that there is a HUGE difference.
k

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
I basically believe that all religions believe in the same god. Even polytheistic religions.

Fredy, reading the links that you sent, it's obvious that they have a deep mistrust and hate for Islam. Those articles do not seem unbiased at all. You can also read the comments, which pretty clearly shows the demographic that reads those articles. All of them are bigots, and some are still spouting the Obama is a Muslim crap.

newBookmarkLockedFalling