Please login or register. Welcome to the Studio, guest!

Quick Links:

newBookmarkLockedFalling

Josh

Josh Avatar
Where were you when Reach fell?

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Joe Kerr Avatar
The Jews and Christians follow the same God. Jesus was a Jew....traditions says that the Muslims came from Abraham's illegitimate son Ishmial.

I bet Jews will agree that we follow the same God but i do not think that Muslims would.

Jews and Christians do NOT follow the same god. Why?

Christian God = trinity, 3 in one, God. God the father, God the son, and God the holy Spirtit.

Jews = Just God.

Not the same.

If you know anything about theology, you would know that there is a HUGE difference.

Think logically here. Jesus was a Jew. Everyone was a Jew before him (not literally, but you know what I am saying). His dad was god, not some random god trying to start his new religion but the same god the Jews worshipped. All that you're doing is arguing semantics with me there. The big guy is the same in Judaism and Christianity and, as I was always led to believe, Islam. All three religions were all born in the same exact place, too, which would be odd if they weren't so damn similar.

EDIT: Should mention that I was unable to view your links due to time constraints here at work. Judging from what Superman said, though, I don't think I will bother reading them.

Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010 17:49:12 GMT by Josh

Andrew McGivery

Andrew McGivery Avatar
Formerly Fredy

Legendary Studio Member

Male

September 2005
Ok, in a literal sense, yes, they stem from the same roots. But that doesn't change the fact that they have 3 completely different views of who God is and what makes up heaven, salvation, ect.

...wait, so I post legitimate sources and you are just going to say "nah, not going to read them" because they go against what you say? O_o
k

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
yes it is true that they all don't think the same but that does not mean that they are not worshiping the same God
Building Your Proboard, a Basic Guide to Getting Your Forum Started

Need somewhere to host files?[/url]

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Andrew McGivery Avatar
Ok, in a literal sense, yes, they stem from the same roots. But that doesn't change the fact that they have 3 completely different views of who God is and what makes up heaven, salvation, ect.

...wait, so I post legitimate sources and you are just going to say "nah, not going to read them" because they go against what you say? O_o

No, going by what Superman said (and let's face it, he's fucking Superman so he is always right, right?), it sounds like the site was a propaganda site meant to spread hatred for Islam and Christian superiority than be an actually good source. Let's be honest here... there is a shitload of these sites out there and have been since 9/11.

And I never said they worshipped the same way. They just worship the same deity, which is true. The difference is in -how- they worship and what they believe about the afterlife.

Last Edit: Aug 13, 2010 18:17:19 GMT by Josh

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Andrew McGivery Avatar

One is a site for Greeks, who are upset about the Greek church not being built. One is "jihad watch," a site which basically admits that they think all Muslims have an obligation to commit terrorism. The last is a personal blog, which will clearly be biased. While they all have relevance to the topic at hand, none are very legitimate. They certainly show one side of the argument, but they entirely leave out the other.

As far as the same god bit: The concept of the Trinity wasn't taught until Christianity (actually, about 300 years after Christianity, but whatever on that), so how would Jews know to worship God as the Trinity? Jesus brought new teachings to Judaism, however, since not all Jews followed these teachings, it was necessary for there to be a new religion, hence Christianity. However, the basis of Christianity is still Judaism, and the god that created Jesus was still the Jewish god.

Muslims also believe that their religion is a succession to Christianity and Judaism. They believe that God sent down Abraham, Moses, Jesus and finally Muhammad to bring religious teachings to them. In essence they are Christians who believe in additional teachings (Qur'an), just as Christians are Jews who believe in additional teachings (New Testament).

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Eric Avatar
Andrew McGivery Avatar

One is a site for Greeks, who are upset about the Greek church not being built. One is "jihad watch," a site which basically admits that they think all Muslims have an obligation to commit terrorism. The last is a personal blog, which will clearly be biased. While they all have relevance to the topic at hand, none are very legitimate. They certainly show one side of the argument, but they entirely leave out the other.

As far as the same god bit: The concept of the Trinity wasn't taught until Christianity (actually, about 300 years after Christianity, but whatever on that), so how would Jews know to worship God as the Trinity? Jesus brought new teachings to Judaism, however, since not all Jews followed these teachings, it was necessary for there to be a new religion, hence Christianity. However, the basis of Christianity is still Judaism, and the god that created Jesus was still the Jewish god.

Muslims also believe that their religion is a succession to Christianity and Judaism. They believe that God sent down Abraham, Moses, Jesus and finally Muhammad to bring religious teachings to them. In essence they are Christians who believe in additional teachings (Qur'an), just as Christians are Jews who believe in additional teachings (New Testament).

Just to let you know Jesus told his disciples about the trinity after he died and before he ascended into heaven.

There isn't much known about the early Christians but they did believe in the trinity.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Joe Kerr Avatar

Just to let you know Jesus told his disciples about the trinity after he died and before he ascended into heaven.

There isn't much known about the early Christians but they did believe in the trinity.
The concept of the Trinity is a particular interpretation of parts of the Bible that did not arise until about 300 AD.

newfieldgrafix
I hope it burns to the ground, and all it's patrons in a slow and painful way. I hope that every single brick turns to ash.

BASTARDS.

Chris

Chris Avatar

Head Coder

June 2005
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Aug 13, 2010 19:48:46 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:
I hope it burns to the ground, and all it's patrons in a slow and painful way. I hope that every single brick turns to ash.

BASTARDS.

Whether you are joking or not, this is a bit unacceptable Zell. I can understand being upset about something like this, but wishing that upon someone is uncalled for and will not be tolerated here. Please keep that in mind in the future.

Deko

Deko Avatar

October 2005
I think we all need to remember that "we're the three best friends that anybody could have, we're the three best friends that anyone could have, we're the three best friends that anyone could have and we'll never ever ever ever ever leave each other.."

;D

Josh

Josh Avatar

Legendary Studio Member

May 2008
Deko Avatar
I think we all need to remember that "we're the three best friends that anybody could have, we're the three best friends that anyone could have, we're the three best friends that anyone could have and we'll never ever ever ever ever leave each other.."

;D

Bad quote since he hates bin Laden...

newfieldgrafix
Chris Avatar
newfieldgrafix Avatar
Aug 13, 2010 19:48:46 GMT @newfieldgrafix said:

BASTARDS.

Whether you are joking or not, this is a bit unacceptable Zell. I can understand being upset about something like this, but wishing that upon someone is uncalled for and will not be tolerated here. Please keep that in mind in the future.

It's not directed at Muslims at all. I should have probably made that clear, in my earlier post. It's directed at evil people hiding behind Islam and forcing their warped and tainted version of Islam on those whom do not surrender to oppression and intolerance.

If America doesn't stand it's ground, it will fall and lose it's freedom.

It's probably best I sit this one out, anyways.

Last Edit: Aug 14, 2010 0:40:53 GMT by newfieldgrafix

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
I think your first post was overboard but i support your thinking...

I think the Mosque WILL burn down and i don't think that we can do anything about it. But i don't think that it would be the best thing for this problem. THe best thing would be if they didn't build it.

Eric

Eric Avatar

November 2005
Why shouldn't they build it? It's probably normal Muslims building a place of worship. What's wrong with that? Why should all of Islam forever have to worry about the transgressions of a few assholes who claim that they follow the same religion? Don't forget that other Muslims who weren't extremists died in in 9/11.

Just like I said earlier with the human bit. The ones who committed the acts of terrorism were also human, should we not allow human buildings? Answer this. I'm being dead serious, and explain why it's ok for humans to put buildings here but not Muslim buildings.

If people claiming to be Christians had done the act of 9/11 would you say the same thing about churches that might have been built around the world trade centers? Would you now be saying the same thing about Christians that you say about Islam? My bet is no, you wouldn't. Answer this too, and justify it.

Joe Kerr

Joe Kerr Avatar
Why So Serious?

June 2010
Yes i would. If Christians preached to "Kill the Infidels" and then they were responsible for 9/11 i would say no church...I also wouldn't alow them to name the place after a mosque that they built when they started conquering a country and i wouldn't let them to open it on 9/11/11

newBookmarkLockedFalling